AK Sponsor: palmetto
CMMG Mk47 Mutant (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/2/2014 10:52:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CMMGinc]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome! I should move so I can buy one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenBastard] [#3]
Is glorious rifle of impingement direct and Kalashnikov magazine utilization.

I have rushed to my comrade quartermaster to put in deposit of sufficient rubles so that I may have this beauty for shooting patriotic 762x39.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
As Supreme Leader and Dictator for Life of the People's Party of .40S&W. I hereby endorse said rifle and wish to procure one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#5]
As an AR and AK fan (equally), I have no interest in this. I don't mind DI with cleaner burning brass, but NOT for dirty steel (which is almost exclusively what this rifle would wind up running).
Almost... but DI, not for this. Pass.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I looked at the different offerings on my cell phone and i have zero clue as to what the three tiers of rifles offer other than a different trigger in the most expensive model.  Perhaps my phone wasnt loading everything?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

I looked at the different offerings on my cell phone and i have zero clue as to what the three tiers of rifles offer other than a different trigger in the most expensive model.  Perhaps my phone wasnt loading everything?
View Quote
Mid range model is Magpul furniture. Basic model is just that... basic A2 grip and M4 stock.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Mid range model is Magpul furniture. Basic model is just that... basic A2 grip and M4 stock.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'd get the cheap one, put a proper B5 stock on it and a Geissele trigger--because a sexy sweet trigger in a gun that shoots commie ammo has to get the proletariat angry.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By GreenBastard:

I'd get the cheap one, put a proper B5 stock on it and a Geissele trigger--because a sexy sweet trigger in a gun that shoots commie ammo has to get the proletariat angry.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreenBastard:

My mind, get out of it.

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#10]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 6:22:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krater] [#11]
IBTL
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Krater:
IBTL
View Quote

Yeah. That guy above fucked it up.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#13]
IBTL as well!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By echo_5:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By echo_5:
Originally Posted By Krater:
IBTL

How did he fuck up

Also, IBTL.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]
...as an unpaid advertiser. Maybe his post will just be edited.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#16]
OK, gotcha.

Still IBTL.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Smart choice on the larger, stronger AR-10 derived bolt.  (As it is known that the AR-15 bolt is marginal for larger cartridges like 7.62x39 and 6.5mm Grendel.)  They really should have given it a FAL-style side-charging handle though, since you will need to rack it for each reload just like on an AK.

Overall, it looks like a pretty smart answer to the question, "What should an AR-15 in 7.62x39 look like?", but the question itself is kind of silly.  That upper receiver and bolt group would probably work very well for 6.5 Grendel, btw.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By plouffedaddy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKVFYNJWCak
View Quote

Did you ever verify that the malfunctions you were having were caused by the loose gasblock?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By CMMGinc:

What length barrel would anyone like to see on an SBR/Pistol version of the Mk47?
View Quote
7 inch?

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#22]
What length barrel would anyone like to see on an SBR/Pistol version of the Mk47?
View Quote

I'm partial to a pistol with 10.5" or 12.5" barrel. It provides better velocity and looks better in my opinion.

Would it be possible to have some concept photos of different barrel lengths?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Can it be done as a side charger?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Rob Pincus MK47

I am becoming intrigued and found the video while researching.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#25]
This one didn't leave me very excited.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:32:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brutus2] [#26]
View Quote

I would jump all over a 10 or 12 inch. with a side charger on the left side.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 1:33:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BUCK1911:
http://youtu.be/NXMZr0kPpn8
View Quote

Watch the follow-up video. It was a loose gas block.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:28:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Notyouratty:

View All Quotes

OK I'm excited again
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:02:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Any review from Joe public?  Haven't seen any and does anybody know how many have shipped?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#31]
I just picked up one of the AKM models and I do really like it, appears to have the red locktite on the gas block screws. The magpul AK mags fit perfectly in it, no wobble and everything shot really nice. My groups were a bit tighter than my WASR AK so that was nice. My only concern was that it would not take any of the three circle 10 magazines I have...the magwell is too tight to let them in which was surprising to me as I figured it should take any type of AK Mag. I don't have a ton of AK Mags to try, just the circle 10 and the magpul so I will be ok but other buyers may want to make sure the circle 10 mags fit in their guns before you take it home if you have a big stockpile of them.

Trigger was fine, fit and finish excellent and I am excited to have it. It is nice to have all the AR15 ergonomics and still shoot that great AK round. The muzzle break on the AKM model is nice and I would still recommend the rifle to others, not as a replacement for an AK but just because it's fun to have both and so nice to have the AR15 ergonomics.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm very interested in buying one of these but I have a few questions:

1. Can you use different AR charging handles such as a Bravo Company and if so, .223 or .308?

2. Would .223 iron sights be accurate with this rifle, thinking of midway or troy fold down irons?

3. What do you guys think about the long term effects of shooting steel cased ammo as far as wearing goes on an aluminum receiver? I wouldn't be shooting thousands of rounds out of it but if one did what would the wear issues be from the steel on aluminum contact be?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:41:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mrgunsngear] [#33]
Originally Posted By dvldgusmc:

1. Can you use different AR charging handles such as a Bravo Company and if so, .223 or .308?

2. Would .223 iron sights be accurate with this rifle, thinking of midway or troy fold down irons?

3. What do you guys think about the long term effects of shooting steel cased ammo as far as wearing goes on an aluminum receiver? I wouldn't be shooting thousands of rounds out of it but if one did what would the wear issues be from the steel on aluminum contact be?
View Quote

1. No.
2. Yes
3. No impact on the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#34]
I want to switch out the end plate on the lower with a QD plate, will a standard plate fit?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#35]

1. No.
2. Yes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dvldgusmc:

1. No.
2. Yes

Thanks

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#37]
I picked one up yesterday got to shoot it today.  I shot both suppressed and un-suppressed (I switched out the original brake with an AAC 51t and used my 762 SDN-6 can)  Accuracy was good (I was indoors so 25 yard max) POI was ½" high for un-suppressed and ½" low for suppressed. 8-10 shot groups with all shots touching or at least very very close.  As others have mentioned, the charging handle sucks, I put in a Geissele SSA trigger so the trigger was very nice.  Ammo was Tula 124 gr soft point and I was advised by the rangemaster after I finished, that please don't use that ammo as the bullet still is magnetic even though it's a soft point.  Outdoor ammo only.  His range, his rules I have no problem with that although I am curious as to how the soft point ammo would work on say hogs or deer.  All in all, a great rifle, lots of fun to shoot, it does get dirty, but so do my other gas AR's.  The piston guns are much easier to clean for sure.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Just saw a SIG pistol in 7.62x39, side charging handle (either side, it can be switched), 10" bbl, Sig brace.  Trigger suck compared to a Geissele, mag release could stand to be bigger, adjustable gas block so if you handload you could create subs and get the gun to work (I would think), muzzle brake would be changed out to a 51T as that would fit my cans and it's a piston gun.  It keeps calling my name when I go into the store.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By jkenn48105:
Just saw a SIG pistol in 7.62x39, side charging handle (either side, it can be switched), 10" bbl, Sig brace.  Trigger suck compared to a Geissele, mag release could stand to be bigger, adjustable gas block so if you handload you could create subs and get the gun to work (I would think), muzzle brake would be changed out to a 51T as that would fit my cans and it's a piston gun.  It keeps calling my name when I go into the store.
View Quote

You know what to do.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#40]
The noise was deafening so I bought it, changed the brake to a 51T put a Vortex red dot on top and took it to the range.  With PPU ammo 50 yards I found POI for both un-suppressed and suppressed to be pretty much the same, groups were better suppressed, but that could also have been me as I didn't fire all that many rounds through the gun.  Ejection is typical AK throwing them forward.  I had no ejection problems, no cycling problems accuracy was under 1" at 50 yards seated at a bench gun resting on the mag (not the most stable)  I would like the mag release to be bigger (my preference it does work fine).  With the short barrel there is a bark but not too bad, suppressed is pretty cool, I'm going to make up some sub-sonic loads soon.  Very handy little pistol, now to get some .303 bullets in the 200 grain weight range.  I think subs will be the only bullet I reload for as the other stuff is so cheap.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jkenn48105:
The noise was deafening so I bought it, changed the brake to a 51T put a Vortex red dot on top and took it to the range.  With PPU ammo 50 yards I found POI for both un-suppressed and suppressed to be pretty much the same, groups were better suppressed, but that could also have been me as I didn't fire all that many rounds through the gun.  Ejection is typical AK throwing them forward.  I had no ejection problems, no cycling problems accuracy was under 1" at 50 yards seated at a bench gun resting on the mag (not the most stable)  I would like the mag release to be bigger (my preference it does work fine).  With the short barrel there is a bark but not too bad, suppressed is pretty cool, I'm going to make up some sub-sonic loads soon.  Very handy little pistol, now to get some .303 bullets in the 200 grain weight range.  I think subs will be the only bullet I reload for as the other stuff is so cheap.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I guess you could just say the "standard" lengths, 14.5" 12.5" 10.5" and 7"
Also what about having a heavier profile barrel? I personally like the govt. profile many AR15's have, for me personally.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#43]
I personally have never liked the AK, cannot say exactly why, I just have not.  This gun has given me a whole new take on the AK.  I want one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ssgtward:
I personally have never liked the AK, cannot say exactly why, I just have not.  This gun has given me a whole new take on the AK.  I want one.
View Quote

Really its more of a 'new take' on the AR...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#45]
True, more like a new take on the AR. I have a Sig556R genII and this gun is calling my name as well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:59:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brutus2] [#46]
Talked to CMMG  tech support about chopping the barrel of one of these to 12"... he said i should wait until the the end of summer as they should be selling a factory sbr/pistol in 11.5 or 12" by then.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#47]
What!!  I'm in on a pistol
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Picked one up this past week...range report to follow.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I got to shoot one with a buddy last week. I liked it. Using Primary arms 6x scope we consistently got 1.5-2 inch groups benched, 100 yards, wolf 123 HP ammo. Exactly what my SGL-21 does when shooting with PO 3,5x21.

we ran it suppressed using both subsonic and standard ammo. Suppressed we had a very minor hiccups using sub-sonic projectiles, but using standard ammo- worked like clockwork.

the only one weird thing- it doesn't seem to like Chinese 5-rounder mags failure to feed every time. I have (2) of them, they both refuse to chamber the next round. We only had the magpul mag that was provided with the Mutant, and when switched back to it- the rifle was 100%. Both of the Chinese 5-rounders worked in all my other 7,62 AKs
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Any firing ion issues with the surplus anmo primers ??
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
CMMG Mk47 Mutant (Page 1 of 2)
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top