BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
He might be referring to how some users have had the mounts loosen when warmed up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:15:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shootertim] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_CRISIS:
He might be referring to how some users have had the mounts loosen when warmed up.
View Quote

Whoops, I thought I read this whole thread, but I missed those posts somehow. Is there anyone else having the same issue?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally have had no issues with this handguard coming loose on my SGL21, I've put 300 rounds through it so far since installing the Troy handguard.

Originally Posted By shootertim:
Does it come with rail sections, or do you have to buy them seperatly?
View Quote

Have to buy them separately.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
For a full non-expert review of this product (short version handguard), including the "comes loose" topic, see my entry under "Optics and Accessories".   Short answer on whether it comes loose:  yes, it will, but if you loc-tite it well and torque it tight (and if you can get the SOB on) it'll be fine.  Though I fear this product has limited practical application, Troy gets kudos for the effort to accessorize the AK. In my particular/unique application, I love it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:45:44 AM EDT
[#6]
The link below is dead.

Full information on our AK47 BattleRails can be found here: https://troyind.com/files/AK47Rails.pdf and our technical department is always willing to provide assistance. Contact them at [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Want to know if Troy address the problem with the long rail not fitting the bulgy 24mmx1.5?
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:38:38 AM EDT
[#9]
" />

I had to put a few drops of Loctite to secure the mounting points because it came loose the first time I ran the gun with the troy rail installed. The rail is solid
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By james658:
http://<a href=http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o634/james658/20150421_002123_resized.jpg</a>" />

I had to put a few drops of Loctite to secure the mounting points because it came loose the first time I ran the gun with the troy rail installed. The rail is solid
View Quote

After you applied the LocTite, did the rail stay secured? If so, how many rounds did you go through after applying the LocTite?

I feel like for the cost of these rails, there should be a definitive action (either a design change, mechanical 'fix' or a well-defined procedure) from the manufacturer to insure the integrity of the installation of their product. So far, I have not read anything definitive from Troy, Inc. concerning the problem of the rail loosening up during use. Have I missed something?
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Looking forward to giving this a full workout.

Link Posted: 10/27/2015 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey guys, despite my initial dislike of the handguard (I still think it's kinda ugly), I picked one up used for cheap off the EE, it will work okay for an extended handguard.

But wanted to post to you guys who are frustrated over the set screws and reaching them with your allen wrench. Y'all are doing it the hard way, it's really quite easy.

First pull the moveable block that fits into your handguard retainer out. Now unscrew the set-screw block (two screws on outside of handguard), and pull it out. Unscrew set screws all the way out, now hose it down with Loctite and re-install set screws, run them out the end until they make a small gap when mated to the other block, I wound up at about a 1/16th gap.

Now re-install set screw block into handguard, loctite the screws that hold it in. Now test fit your handguard.

Does it fit butt-ass tight to the point you have to use your bench hammer to tap the handguard retainer lever in? If so, you are DONE. This is as tight as it ever needs to be.

If not :

a) too loose? pull handguard back off, it's MUCH easier to adjust the set screws with it off. Crank 'em both a quarter turn and re-fit, do this until you have the ultra tight-fit described above.
b) too tight, can't get lever to even move? Pull handguard back off and loosen in quarter turn increments until you get the right fit.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top