BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried reading through the entire thread, but was unclear if these would fit my milled receiver C39 Sporter AK47?  Please let me know what is available for my AK.
TIA!
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have any stocks for RPK?
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I realize this is a late query. But don't you have ANYTHING  for those of us in restrictive states where folding/telescoping stocks are illegal???
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got a VEPR 12 and am dying for a decent stock.  Are there any fixed, or ones that can be permanently pinned w/out soldering?  This wood one is killing me and I only pout 50 rounds throuhgh it!  How do you like you stock?
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 1:25:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the Galil style one, but the $400 pricetag is just .  

It defeats the entire purpose and spirit of what an AK is.  It might be tempting at half that price.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Wondering..............

Cannot decide if I would go with a std. buttstock and a recoil-reducing buffer tube....

.......OR..........

...a fixed tube and the Shock Absorbing Buttstock...???.......
Any suggestions?......both might be "too-much"......maybe?.......

I dunno.....

Waddya think?.........
-

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mdfd1:
I tried reading through the entire thread, but was unclear if these would fit my milled receiver C39 Sporter AK47?  Please let me know what is available for my AK.
TIA!

Wow - no response for a while....
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dirsh:
Originally Posted By FAB-Defense:
Thanks for the feedback,

We do have an adapter for the Milled version, you just need to specify in your order.

The models available for Milled AK at the moment are:

M4AKP
http://www.themakogroup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/M4AKP-2.jpg

UAS-AKP
http://www.themakogroup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/UAS-AKP-3T.jpg

M4AKPSB
http://www.themakogroup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/M4AKPSB-2T.jpg

Best regards,

Ariel
FAB-Defense

Hello are these adapters mentioned here available for order? I'd like to get a set for my Milled arsenal

Link Posted: 5/27/2013 8:06:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InTTruder] [#9]
I've scanned but didn't see this question- do you make the adapter/tube assembly available for those of us who might choose a different buttstock ass'y?
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#10]
OR....

pay my rent and buy some food...

....I'm just sayin.....

This shit's exPEEEENsive!!  

Aint it?
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 5:17:59 AM EDT
[#11]
What's the deal on buffer tubes for milled receivers (both straight and recoil reducing)?

Supposedly they were coming out some time ago but still no word from you.

These are already available in Israel, correct? If so, what's the hold up with getting them to the US?
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 1:45:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MeatAxe556:
What's the deal on buffer tubes for milled receivers (both straight and recoil reducing)?

These are already available in Israel, correct? If so, what's the hold up with getting them to the US?

I would also like to know
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Nca_xtech:

I'm waiting on this too...
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TulsaGeoff:

been waiting on this for months

Link Posted: 6/23/2013 3:20:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatAxe556] [#15]
Originally Posted By Sublimeon24s:

been waiting on this for months

Well, I got tired of waiting on Mako, even though I've seen their buffers for milled AKs for sale on Israeli websites.

CAA has them, plastic and aluminum:

http://store.commandarms.com/products/AKTM.html

The aluminum one seems good and sturdy (although be careful putting in the tang screw lest you strip the threads on the tube). Only problem is that it's Commercial spec so it's too fat for Mil spec butts.

They also make a "recoil reducer" buffer tube, but I haven't seen it (been out of stock).

http://store.commandarms.com/aktmrec/
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#16]
yea Ive came across thoese CAA ones awhile ago but there must be only like 5 ppl in the world with them on milled receievers. Never find any used for sale and all the U.S. websites that have them listed usually never have them in stock (and prolly never will again), or they look like some fly by night operation that after you "checkout" get an email its on back order and maybe 3 months later you will see it or have to deal with a huge headache trying to get refunded
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 3:42:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatAxe556] [#17]
yea Ive came across thoese CAA ones awhile ago but there must be only like 5 ppl in the world with them on milled receievers. Never find any used for sale and all the U.S. websites that have them listed usually never have them in stock (and prolly never will again), or they look like some fly by night operation that after you "checkout" get an email its on back order and maybe 3 months later you will see it or have to deal with a huge headache trying to get refunded

These guys have 'em (at least they delivered one to me without any complications): the Country Shed

http://www.thecountryshed.com/ak47_adjustable_stocks.htm

You'll have to scroll down to find them.

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I assume its the model named "AK-47 6 Position CBS Stock with Aluminum Tube for AK47 Milled". So this stock will fit the milled recievers that have two tangs like the Arsenal SLR-101s and the SAM7? $120 is alot for a buffer tube and stock.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 10:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatAxe556] [#19]
I assume its the model named "AK-47 6 Position CBS Stock with Aluminum Tube for AK47 Milled". So this stock will fit the milled recievers that have two tangs like the Arsenal SLR-101s and the SAM7? $120 is alot for a buffer tube and stock.

Yup. They may not be the cheapest, but they're the ONLY aluminum buffers available where you don't have to cut off the tangs on milled Arsenal AKs. Even CAA was out of stock last time I checked (a couple of weeks ago) but they were in the same ballpark, price wise. You can always go Tapco on the cheap and in plastic and sticking out at an odd angle. The Country Shed sells those, too, along with Kicklite and a few others.

I don't like the idea of cutting off the tangs (as you would with an ACE, etc.) because the upper tang gives you an extra anchoring point to the buffer tube. I don't mind  the bottom tang hanging down. It's not in the way and can be used as a sling attachment. Plus, keeping both tangs allows you the option to easily go back to the standard wood or polymer stock if you so desire.

My only complaint with the CAA buffer is that they're Commercial spec, so they're too fat to put a Troy Battle Axe on. So, either CAA needs to make these Mil Spec of Troy needs to make a Commercial spec version of the Battle Axe stock.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#20]
thanks for the link. Wish they sold just the buffer tube, as I have a Mako gl-shock stock that I love, and do not need the CBS stock. Guess ill just get it and be done with it and sell the new CBS stock seperate
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 11:58:41 PM EDT
[#21]
thanks for the link. Wish they sold just the buffer tube, as I have a Mako gl-shock stock that I love, and do not need the CBS stock. Guess ill just get it and be done with it and sell the new CBS stock seperate

Your Mako butt should fit right on the CAA tube. In fact, it will probably fit better than the CAA butt (won't rattle).

Link Posted: 7/31/2013 9:50:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HellFire4Effect] [#22]
these look like 2 similar but different stocks
one is longer than the other
can someone explain the difference?

stock length 302mm 11.9 inches
http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/uas-akp.htm

stock length 250mm 9.8 inches
http://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-buttstocks/id-197/tactical-folding-butt-stock-w-cheek-piece-for-ak-47-polymer-joint-.html

I want the shorter one that folds to the left
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TexasDave83:
any chance on getting something like the GL-Mag stock for the AK (7.62 and 5.45) ?

View Quote

http://www.zfi-inc.com/content/images/thumbs/0001252_gk-mag-ak-ak-47-survival-shock-absorbing-buttstock-w-built-in-mag_300.png

Fab-defense do manufacture GL-Mag stock for AK (7.62) for use in conjunction with  SBT or RBT Buffer Tube
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 1:07:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hansellhd] [#24]
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm a french shooter and i own an underfolder yougo m70ab2.
I'm looking for changing the stock.
I see fab has 3 differents models and i hesitate between two:the "m4 akms p" or the "uas apms p".
There is also the akufsa system from caa tactical which is aluminium made (polymer joint on fab defense) but not foldable.
So can you help me in my choice (what is the strongest for exemple ?) ?
I'm also looking for pictures or videos showing the installation of fab tubes on an UNDERFOLDER ak.
Thank you and excuse me for my english.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Is no one else bothered by the spring just hanging out there on the adjustment lever?
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Does the  UAS-AKP fit on the Vepr 12?
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#29]
my vepr 12 does not have the slant cut
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 3:59:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatAxe556] [#30]
Originally Posted By MakoDefense:
Does the Vepr have a slant cut receiver? I am trying to remember. Guess I need to look it up.
View Quote

Some do, some don't. Most of the current Veprs seem to have the straight-cut receiver, the earlier ones were slant-cut. I've found that the FAB buffer tubes work well on either the slant or straight cut Vepr receivers. Don't know about the really old Robinson Arms Veprs which apparently had a completely different angle slant-cut receiver.

What you really need to do is start making buffer tubes for milled AKs, Mil Spec size. Not the folder, but a solid aluminum buffer that goes in a straight line off the back of the receiver (not at an angle like the CAA tubes). There are a lot of Arsenal milled AKs out there now, as well as all the old Chinese ones (among other milled AKs being made now).

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:59:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#32]
We will talk about this next week at SHOT. The slanted stocks are not right - they need to be straight. Not a problem to do, just depends on the market.
View Quote

I know FAB makes a folding buffer tube type stock for milled receivers, not available in the US. Not my cup of tea as I prefer a straight collapsable stock, either a solid aluminum or the recoil absorbing buffer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, that is what I meant - we will talk at SHOT about a non-folding version.
View Quote

Any word on buffer tubes for milled AKs (shock absorbing or regular)?

Also was wondering if you had any plans to combine the GL shock and GL mag butt stocks -- a GL shock butt that would accept a spare mag. This would be good for AKs, AR15s and AR10s (i.e.:Armalite).
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 7:26:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Burdette1580] [#35]
Question to MAKO guys:

Do all your stocks work on a Zastava N-PAP?

I've had one of your M4 stocks on my Daniel Defense M4 V1 for a few years and really like it a lot.

Link Posted: 2/1/2014 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 5:45:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liquidmetal] [#37]

Originally Posted By Burdette1580:

Question to MAKO guys:
Do all your stocks work on a Zastava N-PAP?
I've had one of your M4 stocks on my Daniel Defense M4 V1 for a few years and really like it a lot.

View Quote

None of the stocks shown in this thread will bolt directly to a PAP.

There are ways to mount a Mako stock (such as the GL-Shock) on a PAP, but you'll have to use someone else's tube/adapter.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Nice
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:32:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatAxe556] [#40]
Does this folding recoil reducer stock require removal of the upper tang and/or lower tang to install on a milled AK?

https://www.themakogroup.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1044458&CAT=8683

Actually, scratch that. I see what these look like installed and it;s not what I want: it drops at a severe angle from the receiver (which probably doesn't help muzzle flip) and it looks goofy as hell:

http://store.israeli-weapons.com/stock-tube/rifle-tube-stock/ak47-74-akm-aks/m4-folding-shock-absorbing-buttstock-for-ak47-milled-receiver-3512.html

I would like to see FAB / Mako build a polymer recoil-reducing buffer tube for milled receivers similar to the ones that you already make for stamped receivers -- that goes out in a more or less straight line from the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Come on MAKO guys get on the Ball, We need one for the Yugo N-PAP, O-PAP!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:46:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Does this folding recoil reducer stock require removal of the upper tang and/or lower tang to install on a milled AK?

Actually, scratch that. I see what these look like installed and it;s not what I want: it drops at a severe angle from the receiver (which probably doesn't help muzzle flip) and it looks goofy as hell:

http://store.israeli-weapons.com/stock-tube/rifle-tube-stock/ak47-74-akm-aks/m4-folding-shock-absorbing-buttstock-for-ak47-milled-receiver-3512.html

I would like to see FAB / Mako build a polymer recoil-reducing buffer tube for milled receivers similar to the ones that you already make for stamped receivers -- that goes out in a more or less straight line from the receiver.
View Quote

Has Mako gone to sleep here?

I bet you would sell a lot more of your stock tubes for milled AKs if extended straight back from the receiver instead of at an angle (like your tubes for stamped rifles).
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 2:27:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatAxe556] [#43]
It's funny that the Mako Group / Fab Defense hasn't responded to this (their own promotional) thread in over two years...

Anyway, FWIW, I have seen the Fab Defense recoil absorbing buttstocks for both the milled AK and the Vepr 12.

The recoil absorbing buffers themselves appear to be rock solid, machined from billet aluminum. However, they only accept Commercial spec buttstocks -- MIL-SPEC buttstocks are an absolute no - go, unfortunately. Also, the Israeli buttstocks supplied with the buffer tubes, of course, are not 922r compliant.

The (folding) buttstock for milled AKs is overly long (length of pull) and juts downward at an angle from the back of the receiver, instead of in a straight line, aligned with the barrel / action, as their products for stamped AKs do. Not only would this contribute to muzzle flip, but it looks downright goofy.

I think FAB would sell a whole lot more of these if they fitted a standard CAR-15 threaded adapter to these so that they could be easily mounted to anything that takes a standard M4 buffer tube (save the DI AR-15 itself) -- e.g. the Ace, Ltd. Pignose -- straight out the back of the receiver. That would make these usable on a lot more rifles. Also, if they would take MIL-SPEC buttstocks, they could also take Commercial spec, so it would have near universal application.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Also, I note that the two FAB buttstocks for the Vepr 12 listed on the Mako Group website (contrary to what is pictured) WILL NOT FIT a Vepr 12 equipped with a straight wooden stock (similar to a standard stamped AK).

In actuality, contrary to what is pictured,  the FAB Vepr 12 buttstock looks like it might fit the Vepr 12 with the hinged , folding metal buttstock.

http://www.themakogroup.com/stocks-stock-accessories/vepr12.html
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:24:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Local_idiot] [#45]

I bet you would sell a lot more of your stock tubes for milled AKs if extended straight back from the receiver instead of at an angle (like your tubes for stamped rifles).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

from my understanding in the other thread in GD MAKO was kicked out of arfcom for bad business practices. not sure why they still have 'industry partner" title.

they are no longer in the "industry" section either

found it

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1840634_MAKO_GROUP_SCREWS_ARFCOMMERS__BAN_MAKO_Update_p13_Mako__Mako_way_to_sell_your_crap_elsewhere.html&page=16
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top