Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/5/2012 6:46:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FAB-Defense]
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 9:31:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bearsfan] [#1]
I think you need to be an Industry Partner to promote your own products here, not just a Team Member.

NM I'm an idiot!  I see you are an industry partner.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 5:13:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dntama] [#2]
The UAS stocks are too long. They need to be shorter and closer to the Warsaw length stocks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]
any chance on getting something like the GL-Mag stock for the AK (7.62 and 5.45) ?

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By dntama:
The UAS stocks are too long. They need to be shorter and closer to the Warsaw length stocks.

A lot of folks, like myself, find Warsaw length stocks to be way too freaking short. I'm not running a tac vest and full body armor... I don't need a super-short stock.

I must admit that the UAS seems like an interesting stock option when combined with the TWS Dogleg...
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 2:31:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FAB-Defense] [#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I really like the UAS stock, I will own one soon.

The GL-Shock stock is a good piece of gear, very well made and works as advertised.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like my UAS but it would be perfect if it was a little shorter.
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#9]

I'm a fan of the RBT K47 for those of you out there trying to decide.  It's lightweight and very solid.
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By plouffedaddy:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/DSC01382.jpg

I'm a fan of the RBT K47 for those of you out there trying to decide.  It's lightweight and very solid.

That's the one I originally ordered but was sent the SBT-K47 instead.  Rather than go through the hassle of returning it, I kept it.  Works very well and now resides on my .308 Vepr.

Link Posted: 8/8/2012 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I run the GL-Shock AND the SBT-K47 on my Saiga 12. There's still recoil, but it's more of a hard push than a hit to the shoulder. Very preferable to any of the other alternatives I've tried.

How does the SBT-K47 work on a scoped rig? Seems like keeping cheek weld from shot to shot might prove challenging, albeit the reduction in felt recoil might compensate...
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By erwos:

How does the SBT-K47 work on a scoped rig? Seems like keeping cheek weld from shot to shot might prove challenging, albeit the reduction in felt recoil might compensate...

The effects of the SBT while shooting are invisible to me, I don't even notice it.  Business as usual.

Link Posted: 8/16/2012 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 2:58:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rockher_man] [#14]
Kool... I'm new to these type of parts for AK's......in the market for a replacement

stock for my Maadi & I really like the design of these!......

But...aaahhhh...just wondering about the "folders"...which side do they "fold" towards???......

Only reason I'm inquiring is 'cause I'm considering a "LEFT-side" charging handle conversion...

There are 2 models...one uses a LEFT-side handle & the other has a handle on BOTH SIDES!!!......

http://coloradoshootingsports.safewebshop.com/ak_lightning_bolt_.html
Thanks...Looks like a GREAT product!

-

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:42:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FAB-Defense:
The M4-AKPSB CP on a fully FAB-Defense accessorized AKS-74U (Krinkov)
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/621867_421277427917872_539896728_o.jpg

Do you sell a stock that will fit a factory side-folder, like in this photo? Don't see it on your website.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 3:50:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 3:58:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I was doing a firearm transfer (gotta love picking up a new gun) at my favorite local dealer today and noticed they were selling the UAS-AKP stock for only $94.  That is one helluva nice price and oh so tempting.  Might have to go back and get one tomorrow.  Best price I have seen anywhere.

Link Posted: 8/30/2012 1:16:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 12:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liquidmetal] [#21]
Based on my very favorable experience with the SBT-K47 on my .308 Vepr, I ordered the SBT-K47FK tube and stock for my inbound Vepr-12.   Should work great.  Grabagun.com has it for $91 shipped.

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#22]
No Milled receiver offerings?
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 11:30:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyLifer] [#23]
Originally Posted By fstbckgt:
No Milled receiver offerings?

+1000!

Any plans FAB?
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for the feedback,

We do have an adapter for the Milled version, you just need to specify in your order.

The models available for Milled AK at the moment are:

M4AKP
http://www.themakogroup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/M4AKP-2.jpg

UAS-AKP
http://www.themakogroup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/UAS-AKP-3T.jpg

M4AKPSB
http://www.themakogroup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/M4AKPSB-2T.jpg

Best regards,

Ariel
FAB-Defense

Are these only for SLR-95 types, or can you use both rear tangs with these stocks?
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 12:25:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _LandCruiser_] [#27]
Where can we order these? I went to your website and I am unable to purchase anything. I appreciate the advertising, but there is a disconnect where these are available.

I followed the distributor link, which took me to the Mako Group, but there was no option for milled receivers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#29]
The Buttstocks in the pictures are with the standard polymer AK adapter for the Stamped version,

These specific Buttstocks are available with a different adapter for the Milled version.

I will upload some pics later on.

Kind Regards,

Ariel,
FAB-Defense

...So are the milled ones for two tang receivers or not?
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Holly Crap, your stock actually has "the shoulder thing, that goes up"!
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 9:25:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK47CBR] [#31]
LM what did you have to do to mount that stock to your Vepr? Also did the PG just bolt on or did you need an adapter?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By AK47CBR:

LM what did you have to do to mount that stock to your Vepr? Also did the PG just bolt on or did you need an adapter?

Nothing, it just bolts right on.  I fabbed a cover plate to hide the slant cut on the receiver (optional).

I did have to shave the sides of the stock where it enters the receiver because of the thicker 1.6mm receiver, but that would be true of any rifle with a 1.6mm receiver, not just Veprs.

Pistol grip bolts on like any other AK, nothing special going on there.

Link Posted: 11/2/2012 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#33]
The Buttstocks in the pictures are with the standard polymer AK adapter for the Stamped version,

These specific Buttstocks are available with a different adapter for the Milled version.

Kind Regards,

Ariel,
FAB-Defense

Vague, right? First they made it sound like it was already available to purchase. Now it's still in pre-production without a clear answer whether you can use it on rifles with both tangs.
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By sdrake100:

Kind Regards,

Ariel,
FAB-Defense

Vague, right? First they made it sound like it was already available to purchase. Now it's still in pre-production without a clear answer whether you can use it on rifles with both tangs.

Totally agree. I'm getting a little tired of companies that flaunt new products without a whole lot of specs and when people post questions you get politician answers; "yes, no, maybe......"

I understand new product development quite well, but if its not ready for release don't mention it and keep it in R & D a little longer.
I like some of your products FAB, but gotta move on very soon.

Link Posted: 11/3/2012 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Well stated, and of course our prayers still go out to our Brothers in New York.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 7:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatAxe556] [#37]
Originally Posted By MakoDefense:

Originally Posted By ArmyLifer:
Originally Posted By sdrake100:

Totally agree. I'm getting a little tired of companies that flaunt new products without a whole lot of specs and when people post questions you get politician answers; "yes, no, maybe......"

I understand new product development quite well, but if its not ready for release don't mention it and keep it in R & D a little longer.
I like some of your products FAB, but gotta move on very soon.

The thread was about stocks designed for stamped receivers, which have been available for a while. Someone asked about milled receivers, and FAB mentioned that they have adapters for the milled receivers.
No one was flaunting a new product that does not exist - just answering a specific question about milled receivers. They are obviously available overseas, but Mako has not yet imported them. I will let you know as soon as I know when they will be here, but right now there is no power at the NY office, and everyone is dealing with the aftermath of the storm, so it will be some time before I know anything. Power is projected to be out for up to a week from now. Fortunately, the Mako offices and warehouse are undamaged, just awaiting power.  

Yeah, I'd like to find a Mako buffer tube (recoil absorbing or otherwise w/ a recoil aborbing M4 butt) for a milled Arsenal SLR 101 –– and not have to cut off any tangs. I'd be OK with leaving the lower tang sticking our, but don't want to have to cut if off if I ever wanted to put a wood or composite stock back on it.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/10/2012 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Here is a first glimpse of our new and improved UAS Buttstock Series in action on a “Galil”.

New features:

Two Integrated Slots for Sling Attachment at the Rear.
Integrated Ambidextrous Quick Detach Swivel Rear
 Sling Connectors
Also available in the “s” version - 27.7 mm / 1.09” shorter.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/460774_463751817003766_682435491_o.jpg

For more availabilities and other Buttstocks solutions, see to our website at;

FAB-Defense Buttstocks

Well let us know when you have buffer tubes and recoil absorbers for milled AKs. I see you have them for the VZ58, which is a relatively rare rifle here, so ones for the milled AK should be a slam dunk for you guys.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MeatAxe556:
Here is a first glimpse of our new and improved UAS Buttstock Series in action on a “Galil”.

New features:

Two Integrated Slots for Sling Attachment at the Rear.
Integrated Ambidextrous Quick Detach Swivel Rear
 Sling Connectors
Also available in the “s” version - 27.7 mm / 1.09” shorter.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/460774_463751817003766_682435491_o.jpg

For more availabilities and other Buttstocks solutions, see to our website at;

FAB-Defense Buttstocks

Well let us know when you have buffer tubes and recoil absorbers for milled AKs. I see you have them for the VZ58, which is a relatively rare rifle here, so ones for the milled AK should be a slam dunk for you guys.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#42]
That is beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:29:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 9:42:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:46:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By alphagunner:

I really like my UAS but it would be perfect if it was a little shorter.

If ya have the fixed
Buffer Tube… I wonder if ya could just shorten it a few notches…?

If it's not the Recoil-Compensating tube.......I dunno.......just a thought.........
-

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 4:50:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Man....I really wish you had a model in the UAS Series:

for a straight-cut receiver that was adjustable ONLY and not a folder...just my luck....dammit........

I like the design of the cheek-riser on that model....but not looking for a

folder tho.......stupid Michigan laws....no SBR's for us......

Is there any advantage in choosing the rail mounted cheek-riser over

direct-bolt model on the GLR-16 buttstock?

It looks like it might be able to have fore-and-aft adjustments as well

as veritcle adjustments....kinda kool....

How well do these cheek-risers hold up???....just wondering 'cause

I just keep thinking it looks like a add-on.....almost like an "after thought"

that got missed in the original design phase....I dunno.....

I had planning on using a Enidine Shot Shock Hydraulic Recoil Reducing Stock

Tube - For Mil-Spec Collapsible Stocks on a Rifle Dynamics AK to M-4 Stock Adapter...

...so I really just need to find a ass-kickin' stock and I can keep moving with this project........

I wish I could find a GLR-16 mounted to try out!.....of course I could catch

a quick flight out to Vegas for the Shot Show....this afternoon....I'll need to

check my schedule first......
Are these stocks really "Standard issue stock for Israeli Defense Forces."....?

I guess that says a LOT about the GLR-16 buttstock!
hhhmmmmmm..............I'm liking these more and more...
-

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for the feedback,

We do have an adapter for the Milled version, you just need to specify in your order.

The models available for Milled AK at the moment are:

M4AKP
http://www.themakogroup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/M4AKP-2.jpg

UAS-AKP
http://www.themakogroup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/UAS-AKP-3T.jpg

M4AKPSB
http://www.themakogroup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/M4AKPSB-2T.jpg

Best regards,

Ariel
FAB-Defense

Hello are these adapters mentioned here available for order? I'd like to get a set for my Milled arsenal

Link Posted: 3/21/2013 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#50]
yea....any update on the Milled "adapters"?  Im looking at getting a GL shock stock on my SLR-95
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top