Posted: 10/7/2011 7:26:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Midwest_Ind]
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking mount and pretty cool that you used the ADM locking mechanism.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 2:36:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MAKAK47] [#4]
wow, that sits really low! awesome, plan on making one for PSL/Dragunov/big caliber AK's?
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you remove the dust cover and bolt carrier without removing the mount?
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#8]
How high do the optics sit on the rail can you co witness the irons? Any plans to make a mount similar but made lower and dedicated to an Aimpoint T1?
Pat
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 1:06:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Midwest_Ind] [#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 12:34:56 AM EDT
[#10]
damn you guys are prolific! ...thanks!
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 12:41:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TDMAKER:
Pat
they do have a cut out to use the iron sights. We are making a 30mm version right now . It should be out in the next 4 weeks. Other models may follow.  
thank you
TROY
MI

Cool what about a T1 verison. Sorry to bug you. I am running your handguard micro mount now and would like to move it closer to my eye.
Pat
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Your current mount looks awesome and using the ADM lever is ingenious. It should prove versatile for mounting anything from higher powered scopes with large objectives down to the smallest RDS via appropriate height rings/mounts.

However, this statement really peaked my interest;

Pat
they do have a cut out to use the iron sights. We are making a 30mm version right now . It should be out in the next 4 weeks. Other models may follow.  
thank you
TROY
MI

Are you talking about making a 30mm single ring AimPoint mount similar in concept to the one RS Regulate is currently producing or, are you talking about a dedicated 30mm conventional scope mount?

I’m hoping the answer is the latter as that is what many of us 1- 4X users have been requesting. If you made that, you would have 100% of the market and the competition would have to catch up. Make the rings integral to the mount, make it low enough so a 30mm objective just clears the rear sight and ensure that the weapon can be field stripped with the mount in place.

I would buy that combination yesterday,

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 10:14:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Midwest_Ind] [#14]
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Bummer

I guess the wait continues. Please take my points into account when you get around to your other designs.

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#17]

I will be posting a full video review shortly.

It's a great alternative to other options on the market and I'm really liking the ADM mount.  It's superior to the throw lever system we're all used to, at least that's my initial impression.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By FAC:

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/i-m2NhH5V/0/L/i-m2NhH5V-L.jpg

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/i-49QZC7m/0/L/i-49QZC7m-L.jpg

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/i-n8TsrKX/1/L/i-n8TsrKX-L.jpg

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/i-h3Qsbrx/1/L/i-h3Qsbrx-L.jpg

It's a great alternative to other options on the market and I'm really liking the ADM mount.  It's superior to the throw lever system we're all used to, at least that's my initial impression.

I get altitude sickness looking at that scope height.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Liquidmetal:

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/i-m2NhH5V/0/L/i-m2NhH5V-L.jpg

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/i-49QZC7m/0/L/i-49QZC7m-L.jpg

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/i-n8TsrKX/1/L/i-n8TsrKX-L.jpg

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/i-h3Qsbrx/1/L/i-h3Qsbrx-L.jpg

In the grand scheme of things it's not horrible.  With a Mako Group stock it would work perfectly (with the riser).  However, I can easily put low rings on the CMR and get it much closer to the bore.  I just need to get my hands on some 30mm low rings and I'll mount it and shoot some pics.

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#20]

I concur,

A quick release mount on a quick release mount? Looks like the efforts of the Department of Redundancy Department.

All joking aside, I would like to see this with a set of the lowest rings possible. My concern is if this current set up provides proper eye relief with that CMR (if not cheek weld) I foresee a problem with available rail space. It appears there needs to be an additional two or three mounting slots forward of the current end of the rail. Otherwise some users may not be able to obtain correct eye relief dependant on the optic they are running.

I would suggest tilting the rear vertical support forward to match the angle of the others thereby pushing the rail forward the required amount. As is, I don’t see the benefit or potential of using the rearmost three slots. Doing so would probably aid in ease of field stripping also.  

This is not meant as a criticism, I really like where MI is going just input for improvement,

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#21]
While there's little doubt this setup won't work with some of the larger scopes on the market that have long bodies and eye relief, this should work great with sights such as the CMR with low rings.  I just ordered a set of low rings and had them shipped overnight.  I'll have some pics for you guys tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 4:09:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Got an EOTech to mount on there?
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 7:13:41 AM EDT
[#23]
+1 Moving everything foreword as much as possible would really improve the mount.

My concern is if this current set up provides proper eye relief with that CMR (if not cheek weld) I foresee a problem with available rail space. It appears there needs to be an additional two or three mounting slots forward of the current end of the rail. Otherwise some users may not be able to obtain correct eye relief dependant on the optic they are running.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#24]
As promised, a shot of the AKSM mount with a CMR mounted via low rings.

This is setup so that me, with my 6'4" frame has proper eye relief.

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#25]
FAC,

Thanks for the additional picture and effort. Glad that combo is working for you. Looks like you are at the end of available rail space if you had to go any further forward though. This could very well prove to be an issue for some shooter/optic combos.

I am 5’10 and ape armed but, I prefer collapsible or short LOP stocks that are compatible with body armor. I will be running an M-TAC on a Saiga .308 so, I’d like some additional forward slots to be on the safe side.

Have you tried field stripping it yet with the mount in place? Still wondering if the rear rail section makes removing/installing the bolt carrier a PITA or not.

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Its QD mount if you do run into a clearance issue . Remove the mount . Its QD . Its not like a chicom mount .these mount really solid. Isn't that the point?

TROY

MI

That's part of the point.  The other part being made is the rail not extending forward far enough and thereby potentially causing eye relief issues with some scopes.

Take a look at this Russian mount (pic stolen from Gunbroker), notice the clearance between the front of the rail and the rear sight.  It's pitched forward as far as it can go:

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 7:07:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Midwest_Ind] [#28]
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Its QD mount if you do run into a clearance issue . Remove the mount . Its QD . Its not like a chicom mount .these mount really solid. Isn't that the point?
TROY
MI

I appreciate that it is QD and has an adjustable locking lever. This point is more of a convenience issue, not a deal breaker for me personally.  

That's part of the point.  The other part being made is the rail not extending forward far enough and thereby potentially causing eye relief issues with some scopes.

Take a look at this Russian mount (pic stolen from Gunbroker), notice the clearance between the front of the rail and the rear sight.  It's pitched forward as far as it can go:

My point exactly, great example.

Notice the front ring can come back a full lug and you have a few to choose from in the rear. I am sure it wont work with everything or every gun. Its a the AK platform we are dealing with. We based our rail length and location by looking at various other mounts and improving on their designs and short comings. I guess we will listen to the feedback of the end users and see what they think.
Thanks
TROY
MI

I doubt the picture of the CMR FAC posted would allow the ring to come back one full slot without hitting the turret housing and requiring the scope to move back to make it work. This would in all likelihood force the shooters cheekweld back on the stock to obtain proper eye relief. I have a feeling he already did that to a certain amount because the ring mark on the tube where it was in the LaRue is forward by at least one slot.

The additional rear slots being available are a non-issue as we are talking about moving the optic forward not rearward.

Your locking mechanism should prove to be an improvement over other designs as well as the height of the rail itself. However, the location really just copied the shortcomings of every other combloc mount out there to some extent to include the BP-02, Molot and K-Var’s KV-04 with the exception of the tandem mount Liquidmetal posted IMHO.

The strength of this design is accommodating the conventional scope user as it is currently to much rail for anyone wanting to mount an AimPoint or a Micro. It also lacks the ability to co-witness that those same users seek. Besides, you and the competition already have plans or, are currently making those options. I truly hope you do get the positive feedback from end users you seek. A couple of us are just trying to help you to that end.    

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Can someone post this with a 512 eotech?
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By Swoosh101:

Here you go:

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 11:39:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MAKAK47] [#33]
That EOTech doesn't look too bad actually, can we see what it looks like zoomed back to see the whole rifle?  Reminds me of seeing Polish Beryl's with their EOTech's.

I shot a Vz. 58 the other day with an EOTech mounted on the front and at first I thought it would be too high, but I found shooting the EOTech without a cheek weld its actually better for me!  I forgot who said it but once you get used to shooting without the cheek weld its not that bad
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By Swoosh101:

Here you go:

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/i-4WnQwDR/0/L/i-4WnQwDR-L.jpg

Thank you FAC, yeah it doesn't look so bad how is the cheekweld?
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Cheek weld isn't bad with the EOTech.  It is on par with other rifles of it's type, meaning the EOTech typically sits a little higher.  I've never been too concerned with cheek weld on RDS's.  It's not uncomfortably high and feels pretty natural to me.  I think it would work well for most shooters assuming you prefer your RDS closer to your eye.  Some folks like them further out.  Obviously this won't work with magnifiers with this particlar EOTech.  I don't have an XPS here to see how many rail slots it would leave open and if I could squeeze a magnifier in there behind it or not.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 1:12:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Does anybody by chance have a picture of this set up with an Elcan mounted on it???  Just curious if it would fit and how it would look.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#37]
SO how good does this do centering the rail over the reciever?
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 3:31:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Midwest_Ind] [#38]
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I was planning on buying a kvar side mount when I add a scope but this sits even lower, I'll be buying this one when I add the scope, good job.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Looking at the photo why not bring the rail behind the cover above the spring button just enough to get a Eotech XPS closer and lower.
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 12:10:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wraith35] [#41]
I just got mine today and was very impressed with the mount over all. The rail is darn near right over the bore on my WASR 2 and the rail is about as low as you could get while still being able to clean the rifle with the optic & rail attached.

But.......The mounting system leaves a bit to be desired.

Understanding that there are many variances in AK side mounts in reguards to depth/width etc. My unit would lock down  but I was still able to pull the mount off . And yes I did adjust it properly.
I believe that this is due to the rail on the rifle and NOT the mount itself.

With the center pinch point of the mount is only grabbing a very small portion of the lower part of the rail there is just not enough surface area on the WASR2 rail for the mount to hold on to. Again it is the rail and not the mount that is the problem.

If I may make a sugestion? If the good folks at MI were to include different "shoes" for the mount: say one with a raised and squared bump in the center {which by the way is exactly where the mount grabs the rail} there would be no worry of the mount moving under recoil or any other action taken by the shooter
such as having to mortar clear the weapon.

Now like I said this is with MY rifle. Other rifles may work well with the mount. But for now until I can fab a new mount shoe or MI makes one it will have to sit in my AK parts bin and my old BP-02 mount will have to soldier on.
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Wraith35:
I just got mine today and was very impressed with the mount over all. The rail is darn near right over the bore on my WASR 2 and the rail is about as low as you could get while still being able to clean the rifle with the optic & rail attached.

But.......The mounting system leaves a bit to be desired.

Understanding that there are many variances in AK side mounts in reguards to depth/width etc. My unit would lock down  but I was still able to pull the mount off . And yes I did adjust it properly.
I believe that this is due to the rail on the rifle and NOT the mount itself.

With the center pinch point of the mount is only grabbing a very small portion of the lower part of the rail there is just not enough surface area on the WASR2 rail for the mount to hold on to. Again it is the rail and not the mount that is the problem.

If I may make a sugestion? If the good folks at MI were to include different "shoes" for the mount: say one with a raised and squared bump in the center {which by the way is exactly where the mount grabs the rail} there would be no worry of the mount moving under recoil or any other action taken by the shooter
such as having to mortar clear the weapon.

Now like I said this is with MY rifle. Other rifles may work well with the mount. But for now until I can fab a new mount shoe or MI makes one it will have to sit in my AK parts bin and my old BP-02 mount will have to soldier on.

can u post a pic of the side rail on your rifle?
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 8:08:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JmanS2k] [#43]
Wait, So you all are making a 30mm ring side mount for aimpoints that co-witnesses?  You got me, I already bought this one.
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Here ya go Matt.

Link Posted: 11/12/2011 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Like I said the mount itself is very nice But with out some kind of stop on the shoe that clamps to the rail to keep it from sliding off I could not get it to stay on.

Maybe if the threads on the adjustment screw were of a finer pitch? That might help but I still think a small bump in the middle of the shoe would work over a broader range of rifles & side rails.
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 7:19:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MattNificent] [#46]
this has me wondering if it will work as intended on my wasr-10...i was going to use this rail and a 1-4x scope for a lil pig hunting..
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Just ordered one, will be putting an Eotech XPS 2-0 on it.

Will update with pics
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#49]
These are out of stock on the sight, any idea when more might be in?
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By zero00:
These are out of stock on the sight, any idea when more might be in?

It's in stock at Brownells
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
MI AK Scope mount (Page 1 of 2)
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top