AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Paulie771:
thought you all would enjoy seeing this pic from Tactical Response's Fighting Rifle I just finished taking.  Your break is outstanding.  I loved being able to keep my T-1's dot inside the heart box while rapid fire.  Anyone on the fence about getting one should go ahead and get pull the trigger, pun intended.

If you look close, you can see the hammer is still almost vertical in the firing sequence, the bolt having not yet cycled to eject, extract, reset and all that.

Photo: Jay Gibson, Tactical Response
http://i43.tinypic.com/2pouxqx.jpg

Wow! Nice pic!

Great comp gotta get another!  Please give us a link to the mods needed for the left side charge handle and who did the work,,

I've been planning this mod myself.

and sorry for the OT drift...
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Left side bolt handle mod was done by a local gunsmith for $45.  Just a simple process of cutting the handle off and rewelding it on the left side, then Duracoating/Kryloning the bolt again.  The hardest part was making the dust cover dull after Dremelling the cut on the left side.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I had my Arsenal 107CR threaded for this compensator.  The difference in felt recoil on the 107 is really noticeable. Previously I had it mounted to a Romanian that is about 4 lbs heavier and barely any recoil was felt.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/iamnemic/107FSC.jpg

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
How much, if any, would this increase the noise compared to a normal slant brake? I would imagine a significant amount.

And please, I don't need any pictures of hearing protection. ;)
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Got mine today from SKD and it installed easy as pie on my Lancaster "G" but I have to use the "O" ring.  If the brake was threaded more inside, I could have done another 3/4 turn and tightened it right up.  As it is right now it only lightly seats on the "O" ring so there is some wobble in it.  Is this normal?  Was it not threaded all the way when made?  Thanks, Jason
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I know this is off subject, but where did you get this stock set? This gun is absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks

http://primaryweapons.com/AR15/FSC47_mounted_1.jpg
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Custom-X_Sponjah:
Originally Posted By FAMAK90:
geeez anyone who has this can post a vid Or just may forget it and just have PW lose the 40 something $$$ and just get the jtak

On the far right..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZsygs841oY

CXS

hey, awesome video.  i read the comments ppl posted on there. everyone seems to have an opinion, and some ppl like to prove their ability to be assholes.  i loved that you showed everyone up with your AK.  they have a competition round my area, ran it w/ my AR, maybe ill run it w/ the yugo next time.

id love to see more pics tho! the best photos are of the guns themselves in use.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 3:00:51 AM EDT
[#9]
this is a great product.... the recoil was changed  it allows more control but directs gas back to the shooter...better get some ear pro.... worth ever dime plus it looks great
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 6:35:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Any plans for an FSC-30 or FSC-47 with the ACME threads for the YHM suppressors?

I agree about the wood on that rifle, very nice.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#11]
To PWS

I am glad I read this discussion thread, I think the FSC47 is what I am looking for in the future.

I am purchasing a standard Saiga 308 with the 20" barrel and intend on moving the front sight back and threading the muzzle for a flash hider. This combines both muzzle brake and flash hider.

Do you see any problems with using your model on the 308 and the rifle I mentioned?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2009 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Anybody try one of these on a VZ58?
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 2:01:51 AM EDT
[#13]
PWS any chance that you will be making something similar for a ak74 ?
Link Posted: 12/9/2009 3:05:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought this brake to complete a practical AK build. While it's still not done (optic), I have been able to run it during both a carbine match and a drills night.

The felt recoil is negligible and muzzle flip is non-existence, less than AR level really. The noise isn't annoying at all, the shooters to either side of me didn't mention anything.

Making hits on the move was easy with the irons staying on target with little movement.

Even though both the Drills night and carbine match took place at night, there was no muzzle flash associated problems whatsoever.

Bar-none, the best brake I've ever used on an AK, I'm contemplating running one on an AR15 build.

Do these Comps fit on a VZ58? I don't know if they have a 14x1mm LH thread...

Link Posted: 12/9/2009 3:17:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By jeff1304:

PWS any chance that you will be making something similar for a ak74 ?
No need to IMO.

CXS

Link Posted: 2/2/2010 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you offer discounts for Law Enforcement?
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone tried the FSC 47 on a MAK90?  Is the barel thick enough to be threaded to fit the FSC 47?  Any photos?  

Link Posted: 3/17/2010 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I have an Draco AK pistol in 7.62X39.  Initially I tried the Slant Brake and compared it the the Bulgarian 4-Piece Flash Hider.  Finding the 4-Piece way too heavy and long I gave the FSC47 a shot.  At least 90% the flash suppression of the Bulgy 4-Peice, 25% the weight and 60% the length.  I was very impressed with the FSC.  I was shooting on an indoor range and was stuck against the wall.  The muzzle blast wasn't bad at all.  Recoil was significantly reduced as was muzzle rise allowing faster follow-up shots.  I'm gonna buy another for my Rommy G.  I'm that happy with the FSC47's performance.

PWS, you guys make a great product.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Krytos:
The noise isn't annoying at all, the shooters to either side of me didn't mention anything.

We've just mustered into a firing line on Sunday at an AK instructional block put on by Paul Gomez, just over arm's length between shooters, when the LEO on my left happens to spot the FSC47 on my KTR08 pre-firing and says, "Jeez, if I'd seen that earlier I'd have moved to the other end of the line.  We've banned PWS brakes on our entry team's rifles because of the blast when moving down hallways."  But, after several fast 5-8 round volleys, he and the shooter on my right were still upright and he did compliment my groups....

By far, THE BEST brake and, while I don't have vid/pics from firing at barely post-dusk, the flash signature stays within the unit.  No plume beyond like from a buddy's birdcage on an AR.
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 12:44:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By matai:
Anybody try one of these on a VZ58?

A VZ58 has standard 14mm threads. These will not work.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I got one of these FSC47 compensator recently and tested at the range with my new Century polish 1960 milled.  

I was not able to achieve a group with it.  With the stock slant brake, I was getting a 4-6 inch group at 50 yards.  (I know, not great, but that's why I'm working on it).

With the FSC47 installed, I shot about 10 rounds and they just went all over the place.

I have already been in contact with PWS and am working with a representative to troubleshoot the issue, and he's been great.

I just would like to know if anyone else has experienced this, or if I am just special.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By gsgleason:

I got one of these FSC47 compensator recently and tested at the range with my new Century polish 1960 milled.  

I was not able to achieve a group with it.  With the stock slant brake, I was getting a 4-6 inch group at 50 yards.  (I know, not great, but that's why I'm working on it).

With the FSC47 installed, I shot about 10 rounds and they just went all over the place.

I have already been in contact with PWS and am working with a representative to troubleshoot the issue, and he's been great.

I just would like to know if anyone else has experienced this, or if I am just special.

Ummm.....

Off hand face/headshots at 50m with my ROMY G-Build and FSC47....

Prone they are knocking out ocular cavity's...

CXS

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 1:17:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By gsgleason:

You're special.

I've yet to see anyone encounter that kind of issue while using one of the FSC47s
Link Posted: 11/10/2010 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Just got mine in the mail from PWS, hope to get it out to the range soon for some comparison tests, looks like a great piece though!
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Just got one as well for my saiga, but I have no way of securing the device since my fsb doesn't have the retainer up front. There isn't any crush washer's available for the 14mm muzzle. Can I just use rockett to secure it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2010 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Just tried mine out.

Noise was noticeably louder but I wasn't wearing ear protection so I could listen for it.  Wear ear plugs and you will be fine.

Recoil reduction put the rifle to about AR-15 recoil levels.  I was VERY impressed.  It also did not increase flash.  In fact, my buddy watching was looking for flash and saw none.  It may be worse at night but no noticeable flash in day time should mean low flash at night.

Wear ear plugs, but otherwise this thing rocks.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By rube79:
Love it It does everything they clam, but does increase the sound.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/Rube7979/005-6.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/Rube7979/009-4.jpg

Where can I get these extended versions at?....... I really need an extension.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#28]
I am late to this game but I have a few questions. I have a Norinco MAK-90 that has been sitting around for 20 years. Recently, I have added new parts to make it 922R compliant. The end of my barrel was turned down to .550. Will the FSC47 fit? I have seen where some people have had the front sight block moved back and the barrel shortened and re crowned then threaded. I am wondering is all of that necessary?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top