Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/24/2016 10:24:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StainlessSteel]
Hello All,

I have a polish 47 underfolder original barrel kit that I've had for a while, sitting in a box.  I was talk to someone to trade it for a original barrel tantal kit.  As I was taking pictures to send, I noticed that the kit appeared to be parkerized.  Its a 1980 kit and I thought they were all blue. Plus the trigger guard, cleaning rod and underfolder arms appear to also be blue.  They could come from a different kit, I know.

The Parkerized finish is really good.  If some did refinish it, they did a good job. Oddly the park finish seems to "sparkle" a little, it reflexs the light in certain places.  Ive never seen that before, thus it makes me concerned that it was refinished state side.  I don't care, but I want to give a full disclosure to the buyer.  

Any information that you can provide about how the polish finished their rifles in 1980, and or why the park sparkles would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a fresh park job!
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe you should just sell it to me and I'll worry about it
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top