Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/4/2016 12:11:34 AM EDT
Hello all, I recently acquired this AK in a trade. It is a Polish underfolder marked 1988 circle 11 built on a Morrissey Inc. receiver that has no other markings on it. All parts are matching, and are in good condition. The barrel seems to be non-chrome lined. There are no markings on the barrel that I saw unless they are under the lower hand guard. Is it possible to tell who built/assembled it? Usually the assembler marks the receiver too, right? The rivets look too clean to be a diy build, might be wrong. Thanks for any info!

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of the receiver manufacturer, but that looks to be a nitirded barrel.
Who has had Polish underfolder kits recently?

I think AK-Builder had some.
I don't think they mark their barrels.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it was these guys.

LEE ARMORY
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:45:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PolishX] [#4]
I thought Morrissey , McKay and Nodak spud were all essentially the same makes of receivers. Here is what I got from the AK files

Here's the straight poop.

NDS and McKay worked together from 2005 to 2013 when both companies were started in the aftermath of FAC of America.

Harlan, Rod, and I all worked at FAC.

After it went out of business we decided to start our own companies. NoDak Spud LLC, and McKay Enterprises LLC.

Rod McKay was the liaison with the actual stamping house (Morrissey Inc) and he owned the tooling.

The receivers are made under a Marking Variance.

From the beginning NDS provided most of the technical support in the development of the AK receivers. Dan Coonan suggested the heat treat method.

The vast majority of the AK receivers were designed using complete guns or parts kits provided to McKay and Morrissey by Nodak.

We used DC Industries as a base to start operations until we got our own 07 Manufacturing licenses. Then NoDak split off in 2008 and moved to Edina.

McKay was to only sell AK's to Century and any military contracts that might arise. NoDak Spud covered all other commercial sales to small manufacturers and end users.

McKay retained ownership of the tooling for the AK's in spite of considerable financial impute from NDS.

The Uzi program was started by McKay to sell to Century. When Century went with another company McKay asked us to help them.

Their Uzi receiver and bolt had some substantial dimensional issues and I agreed to personally go through it and correct them

After that NDS agreed to carry the Uzi stuff under our brand name.

In time Harlan and I decided to hand the program back to McKay.

In 2014 Morrissey Inc bought the AK tooling from McKay without our knowledge.

We still get our AK receivers from Morrissey and have a good relationship with them.

Morrissey Inc has always been the stamping house for our program.

DC Industries, Nodak Spud, and McKay Enterprises have NEVER made AK receivers in house.

This has been told to NDS customers from the begining.

In addition, DCI and McKay have NEVER been involved with the manufacture of ANY of our aluminum products.

All our AR15 and 10/22 receivers are machined in house.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]
My rifle is definitely well made, but the barrel is not chrome lined. When I cleaned it there was a little bit of rust, so it is not nitrided to my dismay. So, it is not a newer assembled rifle(newer rifles are chrome or nitrided). The fact that there is no other markings besides the Morrissey stamp confuses me unless Morrissey assembled AKs at one point. It is accurate, and very tightly assembled. In any case I am very pleased with how it shoots. I may never know who assembled it, but it puts a smile on my face anyway :D Thanks for all the info guys. Here is an update!
Paracord to save my face, us palm grip, ak74 style brake.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi,

I'm pretty sure that 11 in the circle stands for works11.

A polish company which builds semi auto AKs from basics.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice AK
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 6:46:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EarlB] [#8]
Bwong,  Morrissey doesn't assemble guns...they make receivers.  They have always made them for Nodak Spud and other companies as the post above stated.  What happened is a builder (no way of ever knowing who - could have been a gun that came from Atlantic, could have been one built by a garage builder) obtained a Morrissey receiver, Polish parts kit, etc. and built your gun.  If you called Atlantic they would be able to tell you if it came from them I suspect (most Morrissey built receivers and many fully built AK's did).  I have an Egyptian Maadi AKM built on a Morrissey receiver.  They are good receivers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm pretty sure the model number, AAM-47UF and serial number, AA000403 was manufactured for Arms of America by Morrissey.  Neither of them build rifles, but the serial number is not that old, middle of last year (2015)  Arms of America sells to lots of people and manufacturers, so unlikely you will find out who built it.  Nice rivet job!  A manufacturer SHOULD have marked the rifle with his info?  Anyway, nice rifle!
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bwong91:
Usually the assembler marks the receiver too, right?
View Quote

No.

The rivets look too clean to be a diy build, might be wrong.
View Quote

I'd say the majority of experienced home builders produce better rivets then any factory. We can afford to take the time to make sure they're good looking.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top