Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2015 9:55:17 PM EDT
From Janes.com, Beryl M762s delivered to the Nigerian Army.  

Screw you, Boko Haram.  I didn't know they made an export rifle in 7.62x39, smart since half the nations in the world looking to modernize are probably running either AK variants or G3s.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Those were developed specifically for Nigerian contract. So far this version is not available on civilian market, nor any other mill/LE sales.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh wow, they did a run of them just to fill the Nigerian request??  I wonder what the total contract run is going to be to make THAT happen?  I assume that's a pretty fair investment in bringing 7.62 tooling back up and running in the factory.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:17:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Beryl is basically modernized AKM (not AK-74). All they needed to do is bring out mandrel for 7.62x39 cold hammer forged barrel and make run on 7.62 mags. I'm oversimplifying a bit, but not huge investment in that. So far only 2 shipments of total 1500 units were delivered. There is possibility for up to 5000 units. Nigeria also purchased 10 standard Mini Beryls (9.4" barrel) in 5.56 NATO for evaluation in SOF units.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
A run of those for the US market should be included with the 5.56s that Ted Marshall is supposed to be importing..
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:15:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Really? I recall reading a few months back from Radom at SHOT that the 7.62x39 Beryl would not make it to the US.. If it did I would expect pricing to be through the roof
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I talked with some guys from FB Radom. They wait for US bureaucracy to finish with red tape to start manufacture and sale of 5.56 (Beryl) and 9mm (Glauberyt aka BRS-99). There is no problem from Polish side to have civi M762 made, but ultimately it will be decision of FB Radom USA if there is enough market for (very)premium 7.62x39, plus they need to go trough all paperwork again. They do not make civi version for Polish market, as they can not compete price wise with cheap AKs and AKMs still assembled from surplus parts and de-miled rifles. It is different with 5.56 rifle.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top