Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/15/2015 10:50:40 PM EDT
A few years ago I bought a Century Tantal with a Beryl stock from a member here. I wanted to replace the barrel with a chrome lined barrel and replace the Beryl stock with a Tantal stock. I found a complete Tantal NOS stock set for $50 and a NIP Green Mountain chrome lined barrel for $100. After I bought the Green Mountain barrel I found a original complete Polish Tantal front end for cheep. I bought it since I would rather have a CHF original Barrel. Than I picked up a small lot of Tantal parts including another stock. Than I see someone selling Tantal side scope rails so I figure I need one of them too. Next thing I know I almost have a complete Tantal kit. I only needed a few more parts to complete the kit which I bought NOS parts from RTG. I bought a Childers Tantal receiver and sent the parts out to Mark Graham. The rifle came out beautiful. Mark does great work. This is the results.

I still have the Century Tantal and will eventually get the Green Mountain barrel installed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#1]
+1 on his great work.

He has built a well deserved reputation for quailty work and stands behind his products.

I will never part with the STG58 he built for me, using an Imbel receiver and STG58 parts kit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Mark built up a Tatal kit (original barrel) for me and it is superb.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 3:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Where did you find the scope rail at?
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought it from a guy in Poland. He sells them on the AK files.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice.....

Love my Tantal... got rid of all my AK's... The Tantal is the only AK I now own! Inseparable!
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dru:
Nice.....

Love my Tantal... got rid of all my AK's... The Tantal is the only AK I now own! Inseparable!
View Quote

Curious... As an AK noob, why is the Tantal AK held in such high regard? What makes it above many of the rest?

Rmpl
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:41:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mojo7] [#7]
I have a Polish AKMS kit that I want to send to Gunplumber but on his website he recommends builds using the NoDakSpud receivers.  I noticed that you used Childers which was recommended to me.  So first of all he must use Childers but I don't have much experience with them but do have quite a bit with NoDakSpud which are currently on back order at the moment.  What are your thoughts on the Childers versus NoDakSpud receivers?

***Update***  I ended up going with the NoDakSpud receiver and sent all of it to ARS.  Just waiting patiently now.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top