Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/16/2014 12:16:51 AM EDT
I haven't called them yet and will monday, but here is my problem. I can't get the upper gas tube replacement to fit and can't get the lower handguard to fit either. I think basically because of the handguard retainer....I think. I know for sure that is why I can't get the lower because it won't go back to it based on the with of the new gas tube (it's very similar to the ultimak). I though about cutting the retainer which "may solve the lower handguard issue but the gas tube replacement still seems to be about an 1/8 of an inch to long as I can't get it to clear the gas block. Wondering if anyone has any experience in this regard?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm wondering if this will work, but installing it will mean I either have to cut off the current one or remove the gas system and from site which is unlikely. What I'm not sure of is if this will work with the Tantal???

http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30506
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like after all is said and done I can't either cut the existing retainer so it just locks in the bottom rail or wait for 2015 to roll around, buy another AK that 9 compatible and put it on that.

Would like to know if anyone has done this and if so what roadblocks you had, what tools you used and of you can post any pictures.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top