Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/1/2014 10:07:07 AM EDT
Does anyone know if and what I need to use to change the Polish Tantal wire stock to an AR15 type stock? Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You need AKM style adapter of AR15 stock. Plenty to choose from. Some comes complete with "buffer tube", some are for use with separately purchased AR15 buffer tube (aka receiver extension).

I use Vltor adapter on my Mini Beryl (same stock mounting as Tantal).
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember, before you try to remove the stock from a Tantal, you need to remove the pistol grip and it's mount plate from the receiver before you try to remove the stock.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
there used to be a great youtube video  on removing a tantal wire stock and replacing it with a ak74 stock (i know not a ar) . Wish I saved it,
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Just took mine off and installed the vltor extension and the correct spacer. As others have said remove the pistol grip first take out the screws and don't forget the two roll pins and it will slide right off. Took about 15 minutes,  hardest part I had was finding a punch for the roll pins ended up using a nail. Then throw whatever milspec stock you want on and disco.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top