Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2014 5:23:30 AM EDT
I'm trying to get the slant brake off of this rifle but it literally will not budge. The retention pin goes all the way down.
Do these rifles have welded or pinned brakes? From the looks of it, it is not either. Does anyone know?

Link Posted: 2/18/2014 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I assumed it had LH threads. Doesn't matter which way I turn it, it doesn't move.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of good info on the same subject in this thread
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya, that is my other thread.

I took it into the shop today and they guys working could not get it to budge either. They said it's not welded or pinned. So i'm basically at a loss, now the rifle has a permanently attached brake full of gouges and dings from pliers
I'm completely dumbfounded. Never seen anything like this.

guess i'm gonna take it to a smith
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Ah, didn't realize we needed two threads for the same subject.

Letting it soak in kroil for a few weeks would improve your results.  You could also try heating it with a mapp torch to loosen it.

If both of those fail, using a steady hand and a cut off wheel, you could dremel it off.  Be very careful not to damage the threads.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 2:21:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Only reason I made another thread was because after I made the other one I figured it would be better in the Polish section. Wasn't sure how to close the other one.
Thanks for the responses
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top