Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/10/2014 2:17:10 PM EDT
In May of 2007 I purchased a Polish underfolder AK.  I'm not much of an AK afficionado other than the history of them.  I was hoping somebody could give me an idea of the quality and value of said gun.

This is what I know of the weapon right now.  It was built by Vector Arms of Salt Lake City, UT.  The reciever is marked Armory USA of Houston, TX.  The trunion is marked with the Cicle 11 and dated from 1991.  Everything else on the weapon is typical AKM from what I can tell.  I mainly dealt with Chinese and Rumanian and one Russian AK in my government sponsored travels to the middle east, so I don't know much about Polish guns and gear.

If any of you would be so kind as to illuminate the matter for me I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
In May of 2007 I purchased a Polish underfolder AK.  I'm not much of an AK afficionado other than the history of them.  I was hoping somebody could give me an idea of the quality and value of said gun.

This is what I know of the weapon right now.  It was built by Vector Arms of Salt Lake City, UT.  The reciever is marked Armory USA of Houston, TX.  The trunion is marked with the Cicle 11 and dated from 1991.  Everything else on the weapon is typical AKM from what I can tell.  I mainly dealt with Chinese and Rumanian and one Russian AK in my government sponsored travels to the middle east, so I don't know much about Polish guns and gear.

If any of you would be so kind as to illuminate the matter for me I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thank you for your time.
View Quote

You haven't shot it yet?

I bought a Vector Polish underfolder around Dec 2007, also built on an Armory USA receiver. Front sight was canted enough that even with the front sight post adjusted all the way to one side, it still wasn't quite able to be zeroed. Sent it back to Vector Arms and they fixed the cant, and it's been one of my favorite AK's every since. I've picked up two other Polish UF AK's since, built by different companies and sold by Atlantic Firearms. Both look a lot better finish and furniture wise, than the Vector, but I still like my Vector AK best, it's kind of like a broken in baseball glove.

Not sure about value, I'm never going to sell mine. If yours is in good shape you should probably be able to get $800-$900 or more for it. Seems like people are willing to pay more on Gunbroker than say Gunsamerica. You could try putting it on the EE here.

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top