Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/27/2014 2:36:57 PM EDT
I just purchased a polish under folder, I have looked all over the rifle and can't find any markings except the number on the front trunnion. All the numbers match on the parts, it has an 11 in a circle on the trunnion. Is this a kit build or is there an actual manufacture? I bought it at a shop and the serial number they used for the transfer is the number on the trunnion.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]
All polish under folders are built from a parts kit.  Does the receiver have a maker or a serial number anywhere on the receiver? The bottom? If your FFL used the number on the front trunnion then the serial number they used to transfer it is wrong and unfortunately illegal. Maybe there is a matching serial number on the receiver somewhere that matches the kit. Otherwise the parts kit was built using a flat that doesn't have a serial number which is ok for a home builder (to my knowledge), but if it's sold it hen it needs a serial number engraved on the receiver.

Some guns are imported with the serial number on the trunnion, but no Polish AKs were imported as complete guns. I.O has recently imported Polish sporter rifles, but they are a hodge podge of parts and don't have an oval 11 on the trunnion.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
There's absolutely no number on the receiver just the trunnion.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:10:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Must be a home built gun then.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not much into old Polish AKs, but current ones (Beryl) are serialized on front trunion. Number are (AFAIR - must do field strip to verify if they really are on all this places) repeated on barrel, bolt, carrier, gas tube, recoil assembly and receiver cover. No serial number on receiver (for sure).
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top