Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2014 10:09:23 AM EDT
I'm probably going to buy one of the Archers now that they look more correct. I'd still like to swap a few parts depending on what I can find. Anyway, if and when I do get the gun I'll probably shoot it awhile first to make sure it works okay etc before investing time and money.

Can anyone post some Archer builds to inspire me?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Crap, between ARs and AKs (+variants) there is always "just one more".

I need one as a tribute to the Poles I worked with in 'stan.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag for pics. I have some mags.  Buying an archer next month.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it looks like my thread's off to a good start...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:06:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll try & post some of my Polish goodness!
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 1:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Somebody IM Montrala.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 6:22:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Somebody IM Montrala.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody IM Montrala.

But my Mini is bastARdized. I do not thinks this is what you look for ;)

ETA picture:

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ETA picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/montrala/Camera%20Awesome%20Photos/preview_image_1_28730062x_zps73e2d83f.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody IM Montrala.

ETA picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/montrala/Camera%20Awesome%20Photos/preview_image_1_28730062x_zps73e2d83f.jpg

Aimpoint and vortex?

I like the surefire magazine and adapter. How does it work?
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Aimpoint was there, because it was there, Vortex was added as removable option. They do not co-witness 100%, but it works. Actually now it is only Vortex, as Micro went on my HK for time being. And pistol grip is Magpul one now, that mysteriously come into my possession ;)

Adapter is still no-go for serious use (it was a prototype anyway and my task was to find weak spots - I know that production unit will have lot of changes) and magazine... for me no-go as well. FTF when shooting with mag as support on most rifles I tried (actually it worked flawless only on... Mini). Good for competition use in 3Gun, IPSC Rifle or for range use, but I would not take it with me if my life would depend on that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 2:30:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Romanian dong grip?
View All Quotes

Perhaps in-theater the polymer grip broke and he sourced a replacement from a confiscated rifle? Just an idea.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Perhaps in-theater the polymer grip broke and he sourced a replacement from a confiscated rifle? Just an idea.
View Quote

Or he newer had one. Original wz.96 did not have front pistol grip or easy way to mount it. Soldiers in Iraq and A-Stan did their own mods. This lead to design of new handguard with integrated pistol grip (wz.2004), later replaced by alu railed handguard with removable VFG, but it took some time for modernized rifles to make their way to front troops.

You can learn on history and versions of Beryl from this article (written by two guys who actually do know this history): http://sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=295
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#15]
So I/O had the latest variant on display at SHOT.  Does anyone know if these new models are shipping?

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/firearms/articles/6771294-SHOT-Show-2014-The-Archer-AK-47-clone-in-5-56-NATO/
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So I/O had the latest variant on display at SHOT.  Does anyone know if these new models are shipping?

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/firearms/articles/6771294-SHOT-Show-2014-The-Archer-AK-47-clone-in-5-56-NATO/
View Quote

Idk. Maybe call IO? I might. Gonna order mine next week.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried to call them today since my dealer has an outstanding order for one.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 12:48:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've  been looking at this all evening. What did IO fix on these versus the initial ones? Read on an ak forum that there is another guy trying to import some with the ambi selectors and correct rear trunnion, but that he doesn't have capital and it won't happen. Also read on a Canadian forum that if we see MSBS, it will be next year.

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've  been looking at this all evening. What did IO fix on these versus the initial ones? Read on an ak forum that there is another guy trying to import some with the ambi selectors and correct rear trunnion, but that he doesn't have capital and it won't happen. Also read on a Canadian forum that if we see MSBS, it will be next year.
View Quote

Versus first import batch, this one has correct brake and stock plus scope mount, but does not use original magazine (as delivered). Rear trunion is correct, only 3rd rivet (required for barrel launched grenades) is not installed - easily corrected by adding rivet. Unfortunately hack-job BHO cut in safety lever is still there. Beryl does not have ambi selectors - safety is on right side only; on left side there is semi-auto selector only.

Regarding MSBS, next year we should know if Polish Army adopts it. If yes, then civilian version (in Poland) will follow year or two later, if no, then MSBS is dead anyway.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've always liked the folding front sight. If I were to build a Beryl clone, I'd want it to have the front end like in the pic above.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 5:03:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've always liked the folding front sight. If I were to build a Beryl clone, I'd want it to have the front end like in the pic above.
View Quote

Folding front sight was introduced in short lived civilian version of Beryl called initialy "Radom Sporter" and later "Beryl IPSC". When it died killed by Polish Police (who is in BATFE shoes regarding F and E, A and T are served by Customs Administration) who soon started to refuse register rifles for civilian owners and refused to issue export permits for foreign sales, some of sights made were used in mil deliveries. This version was also fitted with POPC Gen2 - cantilever Picatinny rail mounted on modified front sight base.

Spirit of this rifle lives in our local 3Gun competitions named "Liga Sportera", that originated from series of matches supported by factory to promote "Radom Sporter" rifle. Current civilian Beryl versions in Poland differ only by lack of fun switch and corresponding trigger parts. Those are actually made in same production batches as military rifles and are named "Radom Sport" and "Mini-Radom Sport".
'
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's the current model from I/O.  Interesting that it is shown with a Beryl mag rather than the Pro Mag.

Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here's the current model from I/O.  Interesting that it is shown with a Beryl mag rather than the Pro Mag.
View Quote

I would not take anything I.O. tells or shows seriously. They do not even can provide correct info on barrel twist* :(

* - barrel twist on Archer is same as on Beryl - 228mm. That means 1/9". I asked at the source.

Link Posted: 2/16/2014 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Here is my Archer and I love it.

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top