Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/7/2013 12:20:11 PM EDT
Been thinking about building one lately.  Of course the correct parts will take some time to collect.  Any advice on receiver choice?  Thinking the hardened polish 74 shell would be a good choice especially with the rear fixed stock style trunnion and having the Y and I stamping.  Does anybody have one out there that can check out the bolt dimensions/stem for me?  I am wondering if the bolt is the AKM pattern bolt like Bulgarian rifles use, or the ak100 style bolt with the thin stem that the Russian rifles use.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I have wz.96/06 Mini Beryl in semi-auto. What you need to know? Can bring up caliper or take some pictures.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have wz.96/06 Mini Beryl in semi-auto. What you need to know? Can bring up caliper or take some pictures.
View Quote

The diameter of the bolt stem would be great.  Seems there are two diameters floating around that are likely.  The Bulgarian which is the akm profile bolt, or the Russian bolt which is the ak100/ak74 profile bolt.

Also got any pics of the front trunnion and proof marks?  I am going to be stuck having a trunnion engraved to clone a mini-beryl trunnion, but haven't really seen any detailed pics floating around.

The kit I am thinking about getting doesn't have a front trunnion or bolt.  

Thanks for the help in advance!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:22:23 AM EDT
[#3]
To make things clear (English is not my native language): you need diameter of thin part of bolt, that rides inside bolt carrier channel. Right?

I will take pictures, but on mine trunion carries only serial number. Rear sight base is marked with caliber. Because mine is semi-auto version, it does not carry military designation on receiver, only triangle FR Radom logo on left side and Polish eagle crest on right side (this crest is special for civi version, by popular demand - sort of "we support out troops").

Some pictures in original configuration on my blog: http://montrala.blogspot.com/2011/10/little-cute-rifle.html

One photo I found in hurry. You can see how, more-less markings look:

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
To make things clear (English is not my native language): you need diameter of thin part of bolt, that rides inside bolt carrier channel. Right?Correct.  Using the measurements, I will be able to compare it to a Bulgarian and Russian unit I have to see what it most resembles.  The kit I found doesn't include the bolt.  

View Quote

Cool, yeah I saw your blog previously, but didn't have enough time to find the pics at the time.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#5]
OK. I'll try to take measurements in next few days. I'm away for work.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you know if that rail or the 20 round magazines are available online?
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not know places that sell them online. There is Polish "e-bay" Allegro.pl when you can find some stuff (just search for Beryl), but most people do not want to export.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I do not know places that sell them online. There is Polish "e-bay" Allegro.pl when you can find some stuff (just search for Beryl), but most people do not want to export.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any update on the bolt measurements?
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. Sorry. Tried to take them this weekend, but my digital caliper (Made in China obviously) went tits up on me. Even trip for new battery did not help. Will try to get traditional one and measure this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It took me longer than I expected. Caliper is dead for good, so this measure is "more-less" (used Stanley roll tape): Looks like bolt stem has diameter around 8.5mm
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks!  Much appreciated.  Second and last shipment of parts to complete a kit/gun are en route from Poland!  All that will be needed after that is the reprofile the saiga barrel and to have the 80% receiver finished and serialized.  Will post pics in the next week or two when everything gets here!

Quoted:

It took me longer than I expected. Caliper is dead for good, so this measure is "more-less" (used Stanley roll tape): Looks like bolt stem has diameter around 8.5mm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top