Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/8/2013 12:56:43 PM EDT
anyone still got a link to the tantal stock replacement vid where wire folder was replaced with a standard ak74 stock?
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I am interested in this also.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Do a search on YouTube for one. It basically removes like a normal AK stock except you need to remove the pistol grip screw/nut from the receiver. Most importantly there are 2 pins on the top of the trunnion that connect the stock. You have to push them down and out of the rear trunnion/stock into the receiver. You can do this by placing a nail on top of the pin and hammering it out. Then pull out the stock and brace.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
there was one where a guy is sitting on a couch and he shows from start to finish and ends up with a stock on a tantal but its no longer on youtube. Im guessing you can use the same screw from the wire folder on the wood stock? now i just need a 74 stock
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
So once its removed will it take any standard AK buttstock in its current stare or is there something more that will need to be done?
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Remember to take the Tantal folding stock out,

You first need to remove the pistol grip, as the Tantal has a unique stock that secures at the bottom via the Pistol grip.

Don't ask me know I learned this...   (After taking out the two screws at the rear of the receiver and not being able to get it out...  

Link Posted: 11/8/2013 5:53:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes any standard AK stock works fine.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top