Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2013 3:55:28 PM EDT
I have never had an AK, but a friend of mine just bought one new (apparently unfired) with 6 tapco mags for $900.

We are taking it to the range this week to see how she works.  I like the looks of it - if I enjoy shooting it, I am considering picking one up for my self.

Did he get robbed at that price?
Would anyone recommend one from Allied Armament?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they are out of business now.  With that being said I purchased a poish underfolder from atlantic firearms that was built by allied, looks nice haven't shot it yet but mags lock in nice and snap caps eject load and eject with now problems.  I will find out Friday how she really runs.  The price depends on how you look at it at today's prices maybe not a bad deal few years ago it would have been cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I know prices have skyrocketed since December...

I am a total noobie regarding AK's..
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not too far behind ya there.  Could they come back down in price yes, but all it takes is one more dumb ass to starting shooting people and the fight is on again but also doubt count Obuma out yet as you can tell from the News lately the rules don't seem to apply to him or the other idiots with him so who knows what sneaky shit they have up their sleeves.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 1:10:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have never had an AK, but a friend of mine just bought one new (apparently unfired) with 6 tapco mags for $900.

We are taking it to the range this week to see how she works.  I like the looks of it - if I enjoy shooting it, I am considering picking one up for my self.

Did he get robbed at that price?
Would anyone recommend one from Allied Armament?

Thanks!

Here is a excellent read  on a group buy last year on these. Start reading @ page 11 or so. Hands on reviews from several different people.
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114424&page=12
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Put about 40 rounds tula hp,and fmj through her Friday with no problems at all
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I love the fit and finish on my allied armament underfolder, I know it ant many but I've shot 120 flawless rounds through mine, I traded it off a while back and missed it so much I ended up trading the guy back out of it
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the one I have, flawless after 300 rounds. Original Polish CLCHF Barrel.

HDH,
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top