Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/6/2016 1:39:23 PM EDT
I was recently gifted an AK 74 and I've been trying to find info on it. Armory USA stamped on receiver, but they are no longer in business. I have a good book on the AK system; "Kalashnikov Rifles" by Poyer, but the info in that is 99% military history and production. I'm looking for info on commercial made, in US or anywhere, AK rifles. So far I have found Century Arms made a lot of AKs from imported kits, and is now making an all US made AK 47 type. Any help?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Been a number of "US-made" AKs, but I'm not aware of any that are 100% US-made, as in all parts made here.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been a number of "US-made" AKs, but I'm not aware of any that are 100% US-made, as in all parts made here.
View Quote

As for made for commercial sales - Saigas and VEPRs are only ever intended for civilian sales via export, so they're 100% commercial-oriented production.

oops - meant to edit, not 'reply' - but you get the idea
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Armory USA made the receiver and they made a lot of them. So unless the builder put their name on it there's probably no way to know who built it.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top