Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2016 6:11:07 PM EDT
Could anyone give me any info about this gun? I googles it and the only thing that comes up is a reference back to S.O.G. ----- AK-47 STG2000 7.62X39CAL ----

http://www.southernohiogun.com/ak-47-stg2000-7-62x39cal.html

I have never owned an AK only shot my dad's SKS and AKs. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You'd get a better response posting in the AK Discussions portion, but to answer your question I would definitely stay away from that. They're built by IO and IO is essentially cancer of the AK world turning out, often times, dangerous rifles.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
interordnance

turn it into a lamp and call it a day

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#3]
OK. I was just curious. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:01:32 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a copy of the Weiger StG. 940 made by I.O. A very poorly made copy, by all accounts. Which isn't surprising for I.O.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Some are actually just converted wasr's it will say on the reciever.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I.O. has never, to my knowledge, imported WASRs. Perhaps you're thinking of the M+M M10?
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I.O. has never, to my knowledge, imported WASRs. Perhaps you're thinking of the M+M M10?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's new info to me as well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry for the late reply, I was wrong about them being marked wasr but some were romanian. There was one up on ee that I was interested in marked cugir, after a little research I found out the first batches I believe we're actually Romanian assembled by io. If you Google "stg2000 wasr" there's a few threads about it. Here's one that was for sale.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12152500/rifles-for-sale/semi-auto-rifle/cugir-i.o.-romanian-stg-2000-c-7.62x39mm-carbine-s7
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry for the late reply, I was wrong about them being marked wasr but some were romanian. There was one up on ee that I was interested in marked cugir, after a little research I found out the first batches I believe we're actually Romanian assembled by io. If you Google "stg2000 wasr" there's a few threads about it. Here's one that was for sale.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12152500/rifles-for-sale/semi-auto-rifle/cugir-i.o.-romanian-stg-2000-c-7.62x39mm-carbine-s7
View Quote

Weird. I wonder what year that was.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:56:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
interordnance

turn it into a lamp and call it a day

View Quote

Pretty cool lamp
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top