Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2014 6:40:18 AM EDT
I've recently sold my custom built AR, now I have a little bit of spending money for a ak. I've always wanted a ak74 and I need advice.
I found this and I'm having a hard time finding reviews but from what I've seen, it sounds pretty solid. Do any of you have any experience with this particular rifle? I think it's a CAI built from Bulgarian parts
https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=10000021&dir=700|701|1028
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What is your budget?

My recommendation would be Arsenal SLR-105's or SLR-104's.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is your budget?

My recommendation would be Arsenal SLR-105's or SLR-104's.
View Quote

Yeah I've looked into the arsenals. My wife would absolutely murder me if I spent another grand on a firearm. I'm looking for something to just be a fun range gun, doesn't have to be competition worthy. But I also want the 5.45x39 cartridge.

I have a high budget, but its what i'm willing to spend for ak74, and I'm defnitley trying to keep it below 600 dollars if possible.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:34:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck. Nothing really great in that price range.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:15:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Spend the money and get a SGL31 or SLR104.  If not an Arsenal - look for Interams Polish Tantal with original barrel or an older Romanian 5.45 AK74.  Rebuilt Bulgarian rifles with American barrels can have issues with head spacing or stuck cartridges.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Spend the money and get a SGL31 or SLR104.  If not an Arsenal - look for Interams Polish Tantal with original barrel or an older Romanian 5.45 AK74.  Rebuilt Bulgarian rifles with American barrels can have issues with head spacing or stuck cartridges.
View Quote

I think Ive decided to get the JRA BR74 from atlantic. its in the 800s. And looks beauitful.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think Ive decided to get the JRA BR74 from atlantic. its in the 800s. And looks beauitful.
View Quote

I think that's a good rifle for your needs.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top