Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2014 8:49:57 PM EDT
link to classified adSo here is a maadi that I have stumbled upon in the local classifieds. I was originally going to buy an npap new, but if this Is better then I would rather have this. It is a pars rml made in Kentucky as indicated by pictures of the receiver that he sent to me. Npap, maybe a wasr, or thus maadi? I can potentially talk him down a little bit too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Gun only, # mags, # ammo? It's not a steal at that price. Maadi's arent exactly top quality but I have seen some good ones and I liked the one I had. Do your research about the Maadis. Find out what exactly he has and if money isn't a priority and you want it thats what is most important but I think there are likely better deals to be had. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It comes with 5 mags and no ammo. What price would I have to get it for for it to be a good deal?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Really hard to say. I think 500 may be fair considering the market. Just not enough info. Looks as if barrel has been turned down so won't except a muzzle device without threading. Also if I remember correctly the threads being turned down has something to do with when it was imported and by which company. I can't remember all the specifics. Some even had single wide mag openings that had to be opened up to accept the standard 30rd ak mags instead of the narrow 10rd mags. Think it was the misr10 that was the 10rd. It's been a while since I have done my research on these so I can't say for sure unless he had all the specifics or better pics of the stampings on all the parts and so on. Best to ask questions find out all the details then go from there. Even with all the differences I don't think there would be so very much real world difference in value regardless of what model it is. I don't think you would be disappointed at the 500ish mark.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
In New England that is a good price. WASR10s are selling for $850 by me. Don't know about by you.

The nice thing about the non-chinese parts MAADIs ( and that one is not from a chinese kit) is that they are made in Cairo Egypt on Russian equipment in their arms factory.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Find out who the importer is. If it is a pre-ban Steyr import then $700 is a deal, otherwise I would pass. Just looking at the photo it doesn't appear to have a threaded barrel which makes me think it's likely not a Steyr import, but its hard to tell for sure.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find out who the importer is. If it is a pre-ban Steyr import then $700 is a deal, otherwise I would pass. Just looking at the photo it doesn't appear to have a threaded barrel which makes me think it's likely not a Steyr import, but its hard to tell for sure.
View Quote

This plus check if its an ACC/Intrac import.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#7]
How can I tell who the importer is? The receiver says, "pars intl. Lou. Ky."
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How can I tell who the importer is? The receiver says, "pars intl. Lou. Ky."
View Quote

Pars is the importer. I definetly wouldn't spend $700 on it in the condition described, even for one in like new condition $700 is a little on the high end.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top