Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2014 8:40:50 PM EDT
I've been looking at buying a used blue ridge arsenal milled AK-47, something like in the gunbroker ad below. Opinions on this AK are welcome. Thanks!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=388100415
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm... It might not be a bad gun, but I personally would pass on it. For about another $250 you can get an all-new Bulgarian SAM7R from Atlantic Firearms with a muzzle break instead of a welded-on nut. Additionally it won't be a Frankengun built by some one that no one's ever heard of, meaning its resale value will be higher should you ever chose to get rid of the gun. I do like the look of that wood furniture, but that would be relatively inexpensive to get later on, particularly if you sell your polymer furniture.

I just don't see that gun being worth what they're asking for it. Perhaps if it were $800 I'd pick it up, but a used firearm built with a Bulgarian milled receiver and a Hungarian parts kit just isn't worth that kind of money IMHO. Buying a used AK on gunbroker, you don't know the condition of the barrel, can't tell if the gas block or front sight is canted, etc. I'd pay a little extra to have a nicer firearm which I know will be right when I get it (and if it isn't, will be fixed for free under warranty).
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Additionally it won't be a Frankengun built by some one that no one's ever heard of, meaning its resale value will be higher should you ever chose to get rid of the gun.
View Quote

Blue Ridge is very well known amongst AK collectors and is generally considered higher quality than even Arsenal rifles. The same is true for Gordon Tech SLR-100H's. You couldn't build that rifle for $800.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one that was not fired before i got it from a family member.

Great rifle, but check the muzzle wear before buying. Mines not completely gone, but there is considerable wear compared to most. They used well worn kits to make these.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top