Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/11/2014 10:28:58 PM EDT
Anybody have this.  Give me your thoughts.  How does it do with iron sights, a red dot.  What kind of buttstock are you using.  Give me the rundown...and pics if available.  Interested in possibly putting one on my gun.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm running one on a WASR. The price isn't bad, it looks very clean and appealing to the eye unlike the Vltor. It's a very solid pieceonce you you add the Loctite and bolt everything together. I'm using a BCM Milspec 6 position buffer tube, Colt end plate and Colt castle nut. I had a LMT 6 position buffer tube installed at first, but switched it out with the BCM cause the LMT has this Dry lube coating on the outside which is grey and I was going for functionality + looks. I'm running a Magpul CTR-M (Milspec) and I love the setup, solid as hell and it looks very nice.

The install is very straightforward and takes 5-10 mins to do it properly. All you need is some blue loctite and the adapter from Rifle dynamics. I torqued mine down to 40 ft lbs. just as you would on an AR. I didn't stake anything because of future possibilities.

Pick one up man, you'll really like it.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t557/handloader90/1499377_1422067551362398_1161853552_n1_zps69083850.jpg
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I put mine on last night.  Perfect sight picture on my red dot mounted on an attero arms mount.  STR Magpul stock is great.  Perfect cowitness.  Solid.  Will post picks later.  Great product
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
They have been good for me.  The only complaint about them that I've heard was from Canis Design Group (a company who makes a similar product).  Who would have thought?
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They have been good for me.  The only complaint about them that I've heard was from Canis Design Group (a company who makes a similar product).  Who would have thought?
View Quote

Not so fast, no one at CANIS had a "complaint" as you put it, might want to go back and reread some AK Files posts. What is obvious is someone is still butthurt because the design flaw CANIS pointed out was real and you had to eat crow over it. Who would have thought.... still bickering

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169575&highlight=canis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryphoto
I had a RD adapter, it is held in place by the 2 screws to the tang. Mine failed during a Costas carbine 2 class when the front screw snapped during drills on day 2, after about 900 rounds of use. My rifle is the SGL 31 in 5.45x39, not a recoil monster. We where doing movement drills, standing, to prone, etc, I notice the stock going lose after finishing a prone string. I did not drop the rifle, however in a Costa class, movements are very fast and rough, so who knows the cause except I had to complete the class with a backup AR15 rifle. Rifle is a stock SGL31, except for the Rd stock and a aimpoint PRO on a RS mount (great combo).

RD had a great return policy, called them up, returned broken parts for a refund, and I've moved on.

Rifle now had the mako adapter, which is a snug fit in the trunion, however I will soon be doing something else, as its too large.

Originally Posted by AdamP123
I stand corrected. Anyone else?

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top