Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/25/2017 5:27:22 PM EDT
Hello guys,

I just wanted to share my first Galil ever, a SAR carbine. I've been looking to add a AK style weapon to my collection for a while..
here in Italy gun laws sucks but at least it's legal to buy ex FA guns converted to semiauto
this SAR will sit in the safe next to a Colt 613 and a Steyr Stg-58

I have a couple of questions:

1) barrel markings meaning?
- circled P
- 2-85 (I guess it's the mfg date?)
- 19 (just a part numeber like many others on the gun? (ie "16" on the bolt carrier)

I couldnt find any markings regarding the barrel twist.. I guess it's 1/7'' but I'll check later with a cleaning rod..

2) small pin on the pistol grip.. did it come from the factory that way or it's something related to the semiauto conversion?

3) bottom of the bolt (2nd pic from above) looks like something has been shaved off..?
FCG and bolt carrier have been modified of course but I'm not sure about the bolt..

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#1]
sear trip on bolt has been ground off. Looks like the flash hider was also pinned on so it cannot be removed.

Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Do want !!!!!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sear trip on bolt has been ground off. Looks like the flash hider was also pinned on so it cannot be removed.

Nice rifle!
View Quote

From the bolt or the carrier?
The flash hider has a stacked screw but its not pinned and welded and can be removed easily.
Looks like a OEM job not something Made by the importer
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]
That pin on the selector  I believed is for preventing modifications to full auto again. I seen a early Fn fal rifle a "sear cut rifle" imported here in the USA have a pin stick out by the selector to prevent the selector to going to full auto mode if someone did try to put in the auto sear and ground off the pin. ATF ruled that the design wasn't good enough to prevent easy full auto modification so Fn went back to the drawing board and eliminated the auto sear cut to the receiver. I guess the Italian government has more faith in its gun owners not to modify their rifles. I guess in Italy and rest of Europe it's hard to get parts for guns from what I heard.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the flash hider was also pinned on so it cannot be removed.
View Quote
All SARs have that screw. It's supposed to be there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Was the auto sear removed and the sear cross-pin welded into place? Any videos of it in action or range results?
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top