Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2016 8:30:26 PM EDT
Had a few questions about the new IWI Galil ACE rifles. Hoping someone here might be able to answer them for me.

What parts are US made?
Is the receiver forged or cast?
Is the finish paint over parkerized?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
* The manual with my Galil ACE doesn't lay out the specific US made item counts, but does stipulate in red the following:

"If you use a non-US made magazine in your GALIL ACE® rifle, you may be in violation of the above Federal regulations."
    "If you use a non-US made trigger, hammer, or disconnector, you may be in violation of the above Federal regulations."

* The lower receiver is a forged billet with a one piece polymer grip and magwell that attaches to it.

* The finish is a quality matte black paint over parkerized

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]
IWI US has equipment in the USA for cold hammer forging barrels. The barrel of ACE rifle is not marked "ISRAEL" as on the TAVOR and X95. Barrel info, "CHF/CL" and "1:9.45", is marked on the receiver instead of the barrel like the other rifles. My guess is the barrel is a US component, FWIW.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top