Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2016 3:15:05 AM EDT
I've noticed sellers who show the factory pic with the riser and sellers who show the actual gun for sale without the riser.  Are the rifles not coming with the riser anymore, or are the sellers pocketing them?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 2:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine come with it but it was an early one. Honestly I'm not sure why they would want to keep it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]

The way the box is constructed and packed, they may be throwing them away, not realizing they are in there.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#3]
When I first spotted mine at the local gun shop it did not have the cheek riser on it. When I bought the gun and he brought the box out the cheek riser was buried in the box. The only time I could see the riser being beneficial is if you are running optics on taller rings. Otherwise the stock without the riser lines right up with the iron sights.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 3:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I plan on running with optics, so the riser would be nice, but I can get by with a jaw weld.
No Black Friday mercy, so I'll just have to wait for the prices to settle down.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
if you don't get a cheek riser contact IWI right away, I'd bet they'd be able to hook you up with one
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to know, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:14:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Old post.. but I did see Palmetto State have Galil's for low prices.. their Dent & Scratch sale.  Not sure they have any more available.

I did pick up the 308 version.  It does come with the cheek riser, default not installed.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top