Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2016 11:19:04 AM EDT

I recently picked this M76 up here locally off of an Armslist ad. The price was pretty reasonable for one of these and I decided that I just couldn't live without it. I recently made a decision to start shooting all my rifles from time to time, so I took this one out and put a hundred rounds or so through it.

What a sweet shooter, very smooth and accurate. With the sights set at 350 meters, I was consistently hitting a two foot square rock at that distance offhand.

Now I have a pair of Valmets.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice rifle how much did you pay if you don't mind
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I had several 76's and a 62. I got rid of the 76 because the mags were very prone to rusting and it beat the crap out of brass.
I couldn't feel good with 250dollar mags that rusted over night from finger sweat. Of course its humid and wet here so you have that going for you.
I kind of regret the sale

It was easily the most accurate AK I ever shot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I found the solution to the mag issue. Some research told me that Bulgarian .223 magazines would work with minimal modification. I bought a couple and after a few minutes work with a dremel, they function perfectly.  At $40 each they are a bargain compared to originals.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet guns OP.  Also, from the looks of those pics it seems like you have a cool arms room.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one back in the 80's that cost the staggering sum of ...

$400 dollars.

Magazines for a 5.56 AK were non-existent or super expensive, so I sold it off...  
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top