Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2016 2:17:01 PM EDT
Where can I get a Galil clone that doesn't cost $1000 and actually functions? (IE not century)

Anyone build / sell them here? Doesn't have to be exact copy, honestly I wouldn't mind an AKM receiver galil if possible with an underfolding AK style stock
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL, not gonna happen. Gotta pay to play.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Seriously???
Reality check-1986 is long gone and man, do I miss .80 cent a gallon premium!

Use the internet and see what the Century galonis are selling for now- $1200 roughly.
Parts kit and good rec. will cost over 1K- without a barrel and US parts and any labor you can't do yourself.

Stick to the $499. AKs 'cause it looks like you are way out of your price range with the Galil clones.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL, not gonna happen. Gotta pay to play.
View Quote

This. And if you don't hurry up, the century ones will cost 1k or more.

Not all of them are bad btw. You can make them run well for a few hundred bucks. Most of the time, the gas port is too small and needs to be opened up.

V
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Golani years ago, the POS literally tore the entire top section off of a magazine. Fuck Century.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Figure twice that amount for a decent Galil. Decent parts are drying up as well. I went bonkers on a beautiful IDF Galil ARM build on a CNC Warrior receiver, and put probably close to $3000 into it once it was finally done. Shot it once. It's just pretty to look at. You might want to save a bit more and look at something like an Arsenal AK instead.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Just get a Galil ACE and be done with it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:29:27 AM EDT
[#7]
The Galil kits are a gamble, you'll need a barrel since the one provided won't suffice. It doesn't bring a stock so you'll have find one too. The only receiver worth building on is the one from CNC Warrior. Try at least two thousand and up for pretty good clone, another thousand and your almost at the price the originals are sometimes selling for. Look at the ones like the Galil Ace, remove the trigger part from the reciever and now you just need the grip retainer and trigger guard, remove the abomination AR stock and get a Galil folding one and called it a day. I've never done it but I saw a picture of one with the part I described removed and it looked like their old receiver.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I got an early 2000's ARS build a while back for $1600.

$1k is not a lot of money in the original galil market.

Neither is $1600.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#9]
It took me over 2 years to pull together Original SA Parts for my R4 Build and I'm North of 3K in it after having
Jeff at Hillbilly Firearms build it.. Not a cheep date
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get a Galil ACE and be done with it.
View Quote

I would've said this, but there isn't a sub 1k ACE either...........  He needs to save a bit more or find another rifle.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#11]
If you want to shoot 5.56 just get an AR or one of the many other fine offerings designed around that.

If you want a good "Galil" in function and name get an Ace.

Or, save up more money and hope she-who-shan't-be-mentioned-lest-she-wheeze-into-existence doesn't get elected.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Well Mine started with a Parts Kit from Apex  ,  389 with a barrel ,(Chamber was tight and required Honing)  then I ordered an AWO Receiver 295 with  shipping and transfer , 25  for tritium vials refurb the sights..  I paid someone to headspace the barrel so that was $100, andd while I traded some things for the Cerakote that would have run about 240
So I am  in for about $1070. It is reliable not a precision rifle by any means but certainly accurate enough and runs anything.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top