Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/31/2016 6:21:53 PM EDT
Hello,

I took my new galil sar to the range and it was double tapping. The first round was fine, but second and third tries doubled. I removed the mag and just loaded single rounds for a while, then put in a full mag and it doubled again. I was worried about an OOB discharge, so I stopped shooting it.  What is the most common cause of this?? I was using UMC brass cased ammo, tapco mag. It was a surplus kit, in good shape. Receiver is an IMI reweld. Has original galil FCG. This happened with a surplus mag too. Any other information that would help the diagnosis??

Thanks

ETA-shooting from a bench rest
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have another disconnector spring you could install?
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll check...do you know if the AK disconnector spring is the same??
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, AK disconnector spring should work.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Try something with harder primers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Would Wolf/Tula/Brown Bear have harder primers?  I have some surplus brass cased ammo too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to rule out the possibility, are you holding the rifle firmly and not allowing it to inadvertently bump fire?This has been known to happen on occasion.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess I can rule out the bump fire. I think I was holding it tight, but perhaps not tight enough???
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the suggestions fellas! Work is causing me to be out of town most of each week, every week for the foreseeable future, so I dont know when I will be able to address this, but I'll report my finding when I can.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would Wolf/Tula/Brown Bear have harder primers?  I have some surplus brass cased ammo too.
View Quote

Milsurp or LC ammo should have hard primers. If ammo solves it consider getting your firing pin looked at.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top