Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2015 5:16:26 PM EDT
Anyone know when these will be available?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Also will they be releasing a 5.56 version?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Cut and pasted from the picture thread:

"This is from IWI Facebook page. I think it's related to them selling a crapl oad of the ACE's to the Ukraine and Sudan but here is the official line.

As all of you know, we have been seriously delayed in bringing the Galil ACE to market. Suffice to say that we believe it is better to delay deliveries if a problem is discovered, rather than bring the product to market prematurely. (Most of the issues encountered were in converting full auto to semi-auto configuration.) In any case, here is our revised delivery schedule (which could still be modified if necessary):

Galil ACE pistol in 7.62x39mm - September, 2015
Galil ACE pistol w/Stabilizing Brace, 7.62x39mm - October, 2015
Galil ACE rifle, 7.62x39mm - late October/early November, 2015

Galil ACE pistol in 7.62 NATO - January, 2016
Galil ACE pistol w/Stabilizing Brace, 7.62 NATO - February, 2016
Galil ACE rifle, 7.62 NATO - March, 2016

Galil ACE 5.56 NATO - 2nd Quarter 2016

We apologize for these delays, but again, we want to make sure that what we bring to market meets our standards and your expectations."

That's the latest I know of- I'm curious as well about updates.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 7:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I have yet to see a manufacturer meet it's projected release estimates.  Ever.  I'd bet mid-2016.  You have to factor in distribution & shipping time, esp. for a new release.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I just saw on Facebook where the pistols were shipping soon and the rifles not long after..............I was going to get an AK, but will hold out for the ACE
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]
*Their definition of "soon" and yours may not be the same.

Here's hoping it gets released before Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The pistol version is showing in stock on CDNN's website as of this posting.

I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The pistol version is showing in stock on CDNN's website as of this posting.

I hope this helps.
View Quote

link 24 in stock

p.s. also some on gunbroker
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have yet to see a manufacturer meet it's projected release estimates.  Ever.  I'd bet mid-2016.  You have to factor in distribution & shipping time, esp. for a new release.
View Quote

May not have met it to the letter, but neat they came this close factoring in the items you mention.  Hopefully the rifles follow in suit.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:46:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if the brace model will have the regular folding stock mechanism and be easier to convert to SBR?  Also, when will it show up?  I believe that the folding brace model will be the hot seller.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder if the brace model will have the regular folding stock mechanism and be easier to convert to SBR?  Also, when will it show up?  I believe that the folding brace model will be the hot seller.
View Quote

Within 30 days of the pistols being delivered, or so I heard. Same with the rifles, less than a month. Think I read that on IWI's facebook page.

From the pictures I've seen, it LOOKS like they have the standard galil folding mechanism, or at least the same one as the rifle... Pull the pin, remove brace, slap on your new stock and slide the pin back. Dunno if their stocks are made here or overseas. Also don't know how they dealt with 922R, or if they use the same US parts in the pistol as they did the rifle.

Yeah, I figured the GAP39SB will be the one everybody gets, despite the premium price tag. A folding shorty AK ready to go out of the box, no rails or mounts needed; slap on an optic, sling and your favorite grip, it's ready to roll.

I'm hoping it'll drop down closer to $1500 soon, at least for the holiday sales.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Are they selling?  Seems like everyone is waiting on the brace.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 5:16:53 AM EDT
[#13]
In the Christmas spirit I will keep my negative comments to myself....
When are they going to import the rifles?
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 2:18:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well now that they are recalling the pistols because of that 3rd pin, dont expect the rifles to hit any time soon.  Last time frame I saw from IWI would have had the rifles shipping out in Jan.  Who knows now that they have to fix this.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:43:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

IWI says, on their Facebook page, itll probably be April now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the news.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top