[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 3:18:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

would you rather have the ACE or say an Arsenal SLR-107
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

ACE, by far. I've got a nice Saiga. I've used and shot Arsenal and VEPR. The ACE, IMHO, is a different level. Sights are infinitely better. Fit and finish is leaps and bounds over any AK i've ever seen. All very solid lockup with absolutely zero wobble, anywhere. Takedown is far simpler than an AK. Accuracy is much better than most AK's, and in line with the higher end ones. Thing is nearly sealed up, so there's not many ingress points for dirt or anything else getting into it. Nice, solid milled receiver and the smoothest AK style action i've ever seen. If you get a chance to try one out, definitely do so.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]
What is the thread pitch of the barrel ????
Can the grip be replaced with another AK grip ?????
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is the thread pitch of the barrel ????
Can the grip be replaced with another AK grip ?????
View Quote

Standard 308 threads. 5/8x24
And no, you can't replace the grip. But it's very comfortable, I don't see any need for an aftermarket grip whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And no, you can't replace the grip.
View Quote

Actually you can it just needs a trigger guard

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 12:30:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting. Looks like you give up the magwell though, and that's rather nice to have imho.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interesting. Looks like you give up the magwell though, and that's rather nice to have imho.
View Quote

Mine's on the way, I plan on keeping the lower on
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Definitely gives it more of a classic look.  I like it.

Curious if the same will apply to the 223 version since the ar mag adapter is part of the lower.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://rs347.pbsrc.com/albums/p447/tenngalil1/P1010015_zpsfaimrmco.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Curious if the same will apply to the 223 version since the ar mag adapter is part of the lower.
View Quote

My guess is that you won't be able to remove it and use the classic galil mags, but that's also speculation on my part based on what happened with the M85 PAP pistols that used steel mags and the models that had the mag wells for AR mags, extensive mods had to be done to make that magwell work so unfortunately you couldn't go back to using the rock and lock mags
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks more like an AK...damn fine
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#12]

I saw this on AK Files.  Author said something about replacing the mag release cover.  Is he referring to the mag release lever?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My guess is that you won't be able to remove it and use the classic galil mags, but that's also speculation on my part based on what happened with the M85 PAP pistols that used steel mags and the models that had the mag wells for AR mags, extensive mods had to be done to make that magwell work so unfortunately you couldn't go back to using the rock and lock mags
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://rs347.pbsrc.com/albums/p447/tenngalil1/P1010015_zpsfaimrmco.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

I hope they keep the AR mag adaptor as part of the lower polymer housing and keep the mag well unmolested.  The regular galil AR mag adaptor worked this way, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Any recommendations on US magazines to stay 922r compliant?  Looks like a good AK option though at a premium price.  If you already have a couple ARs, the ACE would seem to be an easy choice if you had a variety of options for spares and magazines.  Just don't see that yet.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
6:00 mark on this MAC video shows some suppression problems...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=joBZ6ikrjJM
View Quote

Well, that kills my dreams of getting a galil
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
6:00 mark on this MAC video shows some suppression problems...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=joBZ6ikrjJM

This guy does it fine, depends on the can

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd-QaGTSFlI
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#17]
My Ace pistol functions fine with my Dead Air Sandman-L
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top