Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/16/2013 9:27:52 PM EDT
Any recommendations on the best place to buy a 308 cal Galil for shooting?
I've checked the gun auction sites and either can't find a 308, miss out and it sells or someone is selling a museum piece and wants a fortune.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 12:39:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a Sig 716.....then you have $1800 left over for mountable optics.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#2]
There are several sources for getting a kit built; but no vendors for rifles. Gunbroker and Armslist are the standard place to check. I'd also try the Semi Auto section over at Sturmgewher.com, maybe post a wanted to buy. You cannot go wrong with any IMI Galil in any caliber or configuration; they will keep going up in value into the future -- even if the Galil ACE is ever imported in some from. The SIG is a fine rifle, but other than caliber they are not the same animal at all. If you want a Galil for Galil reasons, get a Galil. If you want an AR10 variant for "battle rifle" reasons, get a FAL. (You can quote me on that if you like)
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback. I truly appreciate it.

I never thought it would be this difficult to get one.

Someone contacted me with a 329S and is asking $2,300. It looks like its in decent shape but I need to meet him and see it in person.
This is what the seller said:
It is a Action Arms imported IMI Galil.  It is not a collector grade but is nice overall.  There are some dings in the finish that looks like it is from the brass is hitting upon ejection.  The spring for the front night site is missing.   Has a nice bore and operates fine.  I have never really tried shooting targets with it, just plinking.  I bought it used.  Serial number 2100xxx.

Any thoughts on what something like this is worth?
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone else? Scammers that want me to,  "send a check and you good guy promise to send rifle quickly", can screw off. Don't waste my time!
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
If that is the gun in Lansing, I have seen it and it is a great deal. He had it at the Burch Run gun show this past weekend.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I was supposed to meet him at the birch run show but ended up working (unplanned) and didn't meet him.
You say its a good gun at a good price? I hope he is willing to negotiate because I've seen the same models selling in the upper teens and low 2's for ARM shooters. I would prefer spending my $ in Michigan though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#7]
There was one at a LGS near me the other day. I didnt get the price, If your interested IM me Ill give you there contact info.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top