Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2013 10:22:43 PM EDT
It's not my go to rifle or anything.  I just want something Israeli looking
http://www.zahal.org/products/sayeret-special-forces-2-point-rifle-sling?path_parent=153457

or this
http://www.israeli-weapons.com/store/rifle_slings/p2.htm

are these both safe places to order?
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#1]
yes and yes. I use the improved one, or your second link.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

thanks.  ordered
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
How are the cords used?

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How are the cords used?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How are the cords used?  

They seem to use paracord instead of the other attachment methods.  They are not necessary and I am not using them.  The clips work fine although the sling could be a little longer so the paracord could be used to help with that.

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
The paracord lets the sling be used on an M-16 carbine with it hanging upright in use.  The front sling clip is attached to a paracord loop tied through the FSB, and the rear clip is attached to a loop tied down through the slot in the stock under the buffer tube.   The same thing is done on the M-16, except a larger loop is used from the top of the stock down through the rear sling attachment.

With the Galil or Golani, there are already bars attached to the rifle for the sling clips. and even though they are on the side it still hangs upright.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I've just got a US bag strap that I picked up from a show for $1 as a sling on my Galil.  I just need to add a little bit of paracord to each clip so I can get a little more length out of it for proper use.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top