User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2013 5:12:58 PM EDT
? Any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
pretty sure there's at least one in the EE right now. Also all over GB.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm trying not to get price gouged, people are asking twice what they are worth on gun broker
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm trying not to get price gouged, people are asking twice what they are worth on gun broker

Welcome to 2013.

I suggest waiting a few months if you're pretty sure no AWB will get passed.

Link Posted: 3/27/2013 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The only way I'd buy one of those [and this is exactly what I did] would be if I could check headspacing, & shoot 50 rounds through the gun before I laid out a dime. I eventually found a good one, & my smith gave it his nod of approval. It was a keeper. Otherwise, you're rolling the dice on what will probably be a POS.  GARY
Link Posted: 3/27/2013 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a CA Galil/Golani last weekend at Saxet (2nd largest gunshow in texas) and they wanted $1600 for it

In december, a golani was $500
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw a CA Galil/Golani last weekend at Saxet (2nd largest gunshow in texas) and they wanted $1600 for it

I know it's horrible out there!
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If it goes down to 500 ill buy, I just haven't heard great things and 500-600 is all I can spend on a toy that might have issues
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it goes down to 500 ill buy, I just haven't heard great things and 500-600 is all I can spend on a toy that might have issues

Market value right now seems to be about $700-750, I have been following them for a bit over the last month.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]
CNC Warrior has kits right now. Buy a kit and get one of their receivers, contact Tenngalil and get on the list for him to build it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Last time I had a hand on one was a public auction over a year ago. Went for gun-show price, close to $500; add BGC and 10% for buyer's premium. Pretty bad deal since the mag was stuck in the receiver and would not release! I didn't think it proper to bang it on the table to dislodge it during the preview session. Way to go, CAI!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only way I'd buy one of those [and this is exactly what I did] would be if I could check headspacing, & shoot 50 rounds through the gun before I laid out a dime. I eventually found a good one, & my smith gave it his nod of approval. It was a keeper. Otherwise, you're rolling the dice on what will probably be a POS.  GARY
View Quote

LOL --- like to know how you could do this unless it was a buddy's  (except for checking headspace )
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I just acquired a golani, which shoots great, just the other day. I had no idea how expensive they had become until I checked the current market value. Good luck on your search. Im sure you'll love it when you get it... I sure do
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#13]
An original MR import .308 Galil was on my 'grail' list for nearly 20 years.  You all are right.  GB is not where to get one unless price and risk are not relevant.  I finally found mine (an AR version) at local pawn shop in rough shape for $1700.  I think it went through a fire based on some of the cosmetic issues it has/had, but shoots great and now has been upgraded to an ARM.  I guess my point is, if you must have one, you must keep looking, and never give up.  My find was very unexpected, but I never would have found her had I thrown in the towel.  In a sickening display of luck, another one in .223 arrived at a local gun store, unfired, 1983 import...bought that one too for $1800...they clearly didn't know what they had on their hands.  Keep searching, and be ready to leap when you do find one!

Here's my .308

http://imageshack.us/a/img440/3148/6gge.jpg
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, I traded mine for a Kimber Custom II TLE during the panic...score!

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Traded mine for an AR. It was a ton of fun and honestly I want another one, but I don't regret the trade at all.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Traded mine for an AR. It was a ton of fun and honestly I want another one, but I don't regret the trade at all.
View Quote

I can build a decent AR for less than $500...keeps making it hard to spend $700-$800 on one of these right now. They sure do look cool though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I found one that had not been fired and they wanted around thousand for it  I have been on the fence to buy or not.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I found a couple new ones (century builds) for $800 and still could not do it. If they had a warranty and I really, really, really wanted it, I could maybe see spending that. In .223 and all the issues the CAI builds had, I can't do it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#19]
The guy at the shop ran 5 rounds throw it and let me run 5 rounds it and it worked so I picked it up and a saiga in 7.62 x39 yesterday.
If the shop keeper let you run it and it works get it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Had two Century ARMS variant, one was awful, the other was meh at best.   The problem with these guns is that the base kits are just worn out, then add Century know how and its a recipe for disaster.

If I ever own another it will be an original Israeli, but honestly its not an awesome design.   If you want an odd AK variant, the FNC and Valmets are just flat out better guns.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Had one for a couple years and had an Israeli barrel installed. Without a scope, I couldn't hit much over 50 yds so I sold it. I have more fun with a semiauto Vector Uzi.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top