Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/21/2013 8:25:03 PM EDT
Would it be possible?  Reason I ask is I am considering investing a transferable ak, and noticed the valmets are bringing $4-5k less than a converted polytech.  I already have a rdias so I don't want another gun that shoots 223.

What would be needed if it is even possible?

Barrel, bolt, ...?
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 12:35:10 AM EDT
[#1]
barrel, bolt, feedramp(not sure how valmets are setup) and the ejector tip might need to be cut down.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Easier if you happen to have a Valmet 7.62x39 bolt and barrel. If not, check uzitalk for info on repro 7.62x39 Valmet barrels (same chamber thread as 5.56). You can use an AK bolt which can be modified to work with the 5.56 ejector (if you don't want to file it down and ever want to go back). Feedramp stays the same. 7.62x39 mags lock in place same as 5.56. One last note... the top trunnion rivet retains the barrel so it needs to get replaced after the swap.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Easier if you happen to have a Valmet 7.62x39 bolt and barrel. If not, check uzitalk for info on repro 7.62x39 Valmet barrels (same chamber thread as 5.56). You can use an AK bolt which can be modified to work with the 5.56 ejector (if you don't want to file it down and ever want to go back). Feedramp stays the same. 7.62x39 mags lock in place same as 5.56. One last note... the top trunnion rivet retains the barrel so it needs to get replaced after the swap.

Anyone know of a source of Valmet 7,62x39 barrels for the M76 model?

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 2:29:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Full Auto M71s getting transfered in.

I would not mind a FA Fininsh AK in x39 with cheaper mags
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top