Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2013 1:01:48 AM EDT
I got this in a magazine lot purchase. I don't have a M76 (wish I did). I'm trying to figure out what this magazine is worth.

Link Posted: 2/9/2013 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll give ya $75.00 for it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
You see factory Valmet 71 and 76  5.56 mags listed all the time for 100.00 for a well used specimen to around 175.00 new. While yours is used it's in very nice shape from the pics, it should move at the higher end of the spectrum. High quality Tromix conversions are running around 75.00. It's a shame the damn things are so high. I had a NIB 76 that I moved because of the mag issue, one of the few guns I parted with that I have no regrets. Shame on the importers for not supplying more mags.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 12:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]
They seem hard to find, but I always find a few here and there.
My best deal, about a year ago, at a local gunshow, a brand new 30 round Factory M71 Magazine for $10.00.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:02:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You see factory Valmet 71 and 76  5.56 mags listed all the time for 100.00 for a well used specimen to around 175.00 new. While yours is used it's in very nice shape from the pics, it should move at the higher end of the spectrum. High quality Tromix conversions are running around 75.00. It's a shame the damn things are so high. I had a NIB 76 that I moved because of the mag issue, one of the few guns I parted with that I have no regrets. Shame on the importers for not supplying more mags.

Thanks for the appraisal. I'd rather trade this than sell. I figured someone have something I need that needs this more

I am surprised on how the follower is heavy and thick compared to all the other AK variants that I have. I think it's also stainless steel. Are these still being manufactured/issued by the Finns?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know what other types of Mags will work in the M76? Will Galil mags work? How about other .223 AK mags like the E. German Weiger?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The Weiger's don't work in the Valmet without quite a bit of modification.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anyone know what other types of Mags will work in the M76? Will Galil mags work? How about other .223 AK mags like the E. German Weiger?

Galil mags will fit and some people use them successfully but they present a different feed angle and are considered unsafe as bullet push in and higher pressures may result. Weigers and Bulgarian Circle 10's are the prime candidates for modification. Try the Valmet Forums for mod info. I worked with a Weiger with my dremmil and got close to fitting it. Before I got it to fit I found a buyer for my M76 and moved it. Unfortunately the only fast cure are factory mags which are hard to find and harder to find cheap.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Chinese 223 mags work with a little modification. The Weigers work well also with some modification. I have four of each that work perfectly in my M76.

Link Posted: 5/2/2013 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Do any of the AK-74 mags work after mods?
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Galil mags do not work. They need modification to fit, and even when they are made to fit, the feed lip is too low. Some sort of lip would need to be welded on.

Ill give $100 for that mag
Email me if you're interested
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Weiger's don't work in the Valmet without quite a bit of modification.

View Quote

Just a little Dremel work...I did about a dozen in a couple of hours a few years back.

Freehanding them...not pretty, but 100% thus far.

Bulgarians are a bit easier....

Valmet Factory

EG Weigar

Bulgarian

Sadly, even with a lot of dremel work, this didn't work well at all....

But surprisingly, this does (I didn't do the conversion...)

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Is that a 5.45 mag in the second to last pic?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Local_Idiot was looking for a Valmet mag.

Might want to PM or EM him if you want to move it fast in the ARFCOM family...
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#14]
yes it is...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a valmet with out any mags and sure would like to get just one. If you want or will consider selling it PLEASE let me know.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top