Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/14/2012 5:55:58 PM EDT
Has anyone had problems with these guys trying to buy their MSA Galil AR mag adapter? It has been 2 weeks from my order and still haven't seen it. From Texas to Nebraska is a pretty straight shot. I have had a number of unanswered emails and given a new one to use when I posted on their Facebook page, which has gotten me a reply, but then a broken promise to look into the status of my order and get back to me around a certain time.
When I contacted them at the beginning to make sure they are still making them and had them, it took only a few hours to answer yes. Now they have my $ and dealing with them now is like pulling teeth.
Anyone else get this from them lately?
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anyone had problems with these guys trying to buy their MSA Galil AR mag adapter? It has been 2 weeks from my order and still haven't seen it. From Texas to Nebraska is a pretty straight shot. I have had a number of unanswered emails and given a new one to use when I posted on their Facebook page, which has gotten me a reply, but then a broken promise to look into the status of my order and get back to me around a certain time.
When I contacted them at the beginning to make sure they are still making them and had them, it took only a few hours to answer yes. Now they have my $ and dealing with them now is like pulling teeth.
Anyone else get this from them lately?

There's a thread around here somewhere about this.

Short answer: their customer service sucks.

Good luck getting that mag adapter to fit when it shows up.

Mines been filed away, and I can finally get it to lock into the gun. Now the mags won't go in far enough. They hit the bottom of the feed ramp, and look like they'll hit the bottom of the lugs. I sent them an email asking what to do.

Silence.

I will never buy from them again.

Cancel your order. Try to get your money back. Report them to the credit card company you used.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that is not the glowing report that I hoped for. But thanks for telling me like it is.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
thier contact number is 601-260-1169 I left alot of messages, then mine finaly showed up, and yes thier customer service sucks a$$
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, color me confused. They call themselves  Magnolia State Armory, have a 601 area code, and call McKinney, TX home on the website.

Link Posted: 2/20/2012 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Think I read that they moved very recently to Texas. Oh by the way, just because the website says it is in stock doesn't mean that it is, as I found out.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Well the Saga continues with MSA and their Galil AR mag adapter.
When last I left you I hadn't heard from Nathan May about his adapter and my money. Well after a number of attempts to contact him and a couple of not very positive posts on his Facebook page he finally got a hold of me on the 15th of Feb.
Well it turns out that they had in their logs that it shipped but he didn't have any delivery stub for confirmation. So, my order kind of fell through the cracks. He told me that he would refund my money because they were not going to make another production run for another 2 weeks. And also he said that he would sell one to me for half off when they did this next run if I still wanted it. I told him that would be fine as I still wanted one.

Fast forward to yesterday. I sent him a direct email asking him on the 13th day if they were making any at this time. He has not responded. I also checked my account and the original $89 has still not been refunded to me. My mistake for not following up on it and his for not doing what he said he would do. So I have sent him another email about this, today, and eagerly await any response.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, he finally gave me my refund or at least notice of it. Still doesn't show in my account. Might take a couple days or something. But, then he totally ignored anything else I asked him in my email. LOL I just wanted to buy his product from him. I really want to try one of those adapters out. Does anyone else sell his product? Or is the Blackthorn piece my only alternative?
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Greg, there are other places that sell his products that are ok to order from   http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/galil-223-ar-mag-adapter-p-454.html
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow they are a bit expensive. $159+$6.95 shipping compared to $89 with free shipping straight from MSA.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a mag adapter from MSA a few months ago and even though it said that it was in stock when I ordered it still took a month and a lot of emails before I received it.  

Once received it took a fair amount of fitting on both the adapter and gun to make it work.  Good thing a friend of mine is a Gunsmith!  

Also remember that the mag standard for the adapters is the PMAG.  Mine does not feed well with some of the GI type metal mags but works perfect with PMAGs    

With the bad orders experience behind me I am now glad I have it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Well even after Nathan telling me on the 20th of April that he got with his man Will on my AR adapter, I have heard or received nothing from them. They are now Texas AK Designs. So I have been trying to give these guys money since the 31st of January to buy one, and they either screw up or they are ignoring me. Just to let you all know what I have been going through with these guys.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I had one ordered for my Galil about 2 years ago, after 4months of no calls back or email returned, I had my credit card company stop payment and refund my money.  Never again will I buy from MSA.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Has MSA changed their names to TEXAS DESIGN AK  ?
Ive ordered a mag adaptor for a Gailil  to take AR mags
I hope this in not the same company ou gus have dealt with.
They dont have a Phone Number on their web sites.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Has MSA changed their names to TEXAS DESIGN AK  ?

Unfortunately yes.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2012 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Do not under any circumstances buy from anything related to MSA or whoever they are now. I post over on valmetforums. Tons of complaints. It took my Valmet AR adapter about 4 months to arrive. From what I understand, I'm one of a handful that had their order filled. It didn't work at all. I emailed about weekly to get my money back. After the better part of a year, I finally got a refund. I learned a lot from this company. First clue, if there's no phone number, don't order
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I wanted to get an AK adapter. You guys have me worried.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wanted to get an AK adapter. You guys have me worried.
View Quote

DOG556,

While it's true MSA had issues in the past. Between Paypal seizing our account, Ben Cannon of GunPal about bankrupting us from his ponzi scheme holding vendors and customers money (google GunPal for the whole story) and my design engineer passing away from cancer (during the Valmet adapter introduction) I had a rough time getting leveled out. People expected more than what I (as the only employee left) was capable of at the time. In short it was a cluster fuck. My focus was on righting what I could and putting out what fire I could. Some took longer than others and people got upset. Are they justified, you betcha.... but it was what it was. But that is the past and a lot has changed which is why you don't see posts like this anymore. TAKD pulled through the restructure and employees were hired to help me keep my sanity.

Since then things have been a lot different, we have delivered a few thousand adapters to happy customers.

If anyone has or have an issue and it's brought to my attention it will get taken care of.  As I posted in another thread to JoshAshton.

"I do understand by your other posting you had an unpleasant dealing with MSA in the past when I was rebuilding/restructuring to TAKD, for that I do apologize. Rebuilding/restructuring a company was a painful process, trying to make everyone happy just was not possible with all the setbacks that plagued me. Once again my sincerest apologies. You're welcome to message me and I'll be happy to help you in any way I can to make it up. "

Nathan May
Texas AK Designs

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top