Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2016 8:43:18 PM EDT
Ive had this thing in the safe for a while, and think my 2016 election victory prize will be a from 1 for it.

What's the consensus on the best stock option for it? I've only seen manticore and usmg.

Also - the sights on this thing SUCK. Theyre god awful. Is there a replacement option, or is the consensus just to go with the stormwerkz rail and a PA red dot or something? Id like to get the form 1 off soon so I can maybe have it by late spring (yeah right - Ive had a recce5 in jail for 8 months now) - but dont want to proceed without the right info and research.

ETA does a red dot on the stormwerkz rail keep zero when raising and lowering the top cover?

Thx
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 5:36:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not go to ACE for the stock, get the folding mechanism,  buy the correct adapters from either ACE or Kerbs, then use either the ACE skeleton stock, ACE Ultralight/entry, or use a milspec buffer and put any AR15 stock on it? I have this setup on an NPAP and I love it.

I don't have any experience with stormwerks but I do own two TWS dogleg gen ii rails on M70's that rock, they lock up very solid and return to zero. I see they're available for the M92. Something I think is important for a hinged dust cover rail system is a secure attachment method for the rear of the rail or the dust cover will have some play in it and will the optic on top. The TWS takes care of this with a proprietary takedown button which is angled and puts constant downward pressure on the dover preventing up/downward movement. There is also a slit in the dustcover on the right side that puts constant pressure on the dustcover to the non ejection side and prevents left/right movement.

If it was me I'd just go with the Ultimak top Manticore bottom and mount the red dot forward on the handguard.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not go to ACE for the stock, get the folding mechanism,  buy the correct adapters from either ACE or Kerbs, then use either the ACE skeleton stock, ACE Ultralight/entry, or use a milspec buffer and put any AR15 stock on it? I have this setup on an NPAP and I love it.

I don't have any experience with stormwerks but I do own two TWS dogleg gen ii rails on M70's that rock, they lock up very solid and return to zero. I see they're available for the M92. Something I think is important for a hinged dust cover rail system is a secure attachment method for the rear of the rail or the dust cover will have some play in it and will the optic on top. The TWS takes care of this with a proprietary takedown button which is angled and puts constant downward pressure on the dover preventing up/downward movement. There is also a slit in the dustcover on the right side that puts constant pressure on the dustcover to the non ejection side and prevents left/right movement.

If it was me I'd just go with the Ultimak top Manticore bottom and mount the red dot forward on the handguard.
View Quote

M92 has a different rear block, he'd have to replace it with an M70 fixed-stock rear block to do that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not have a UF stock or krink side folder put on? Those add on hinges don't look right.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Have a smith swap your rear trunnion for a Russian/Bulgarian 4.5mm side folder, or do like I did and DIY.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
CNC Warrior probably makes the best drop-in stock for the M92, designed specifically for it as a complete solution that requires only a drilled center hole in the rear trunnion for an anchor bolt.

There is not much that can be done with the original irons - the most I've seen done is a couple guys on AKfiles modify the sight hood to accept an AR aperture, which does require some drilling and dremeling. You can also open up the U notch a bit, but don't go too far as the rear leaf is obviously not a common item.

I have the  Stormwerkz rail on mine and a Primary Arms MD06 - very clear sight picture and returns to zero, though I would really like a smaller optic such as a Fastfire or clone thereof. The PAP is surprisingly accurate with this setup and can easily hit targets out to 200yd or more with appropriate holdover past that range.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 7:35:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I plan on trying a set of the peep sights from Khyber customs. You can get dual peep or notch and peep.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top