Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2016 7:17:45 PM EDT
Have a new-to-me N-PAP, currently bone stock.

Took it out for first range session last week and the stock stock has to go - at the end of my firing time with it it felt like I had been lightly tapped with a ball peen hammer on the underside of my right cheekbone about 200 times...

I live in the people's republik of New Jersey, so no side or under folding stocks allowed for me, unless they can be locked in the extended position easily.

Anyone running an AR buffer tube adapter with an AR stock? If so, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The matacore arm]s is nice.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The n-paps now come with a warsaw styled stock. That's an option if you want a wood. Its what came on my n-pap, and it is fine. I think you would need a shorter bolt for the stock if you go that way.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Ace
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#4]
As mentioned above, Century now sells an AKM-profile wood stock for the NPAP specifically to address cheek slap.

If you want to add an AR-style stock, the best route would be a Krebs stock adapter and a pig nose adapter of your choice. That'll allow you to add a buffer tube and your favorite AR stock.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
FYI I have contacted Century twice now to try and purchase a AKM profile wood stock for my NPAP (June and September), and I keep getting told they will be getting some to sell in a month or two. So, I don't think Century is selling them yet but hopefully should be soon. However, I would love to be wrong about this , so if anyone knows of a place I can buy the new Century NPAP (WARSAW style stock) please let me know/post. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI I have contacted Century twice now to try and purchase a AKM profile wood stock for my NPAP (June and September), and I keep getting told they will be getting some to sell in a month or two. So, I don't think Century is selling them yet but hopefully should be soon. However, I would love to be wrong about this , so if anyone knows of a place I can buy the new Century NPAP (WARSAW style stock) please let me know/post. Thanks
View Quote

Right now, if I go to this link:

http://centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=ST2087

Century Arm's site allows me to put a Warsaw stock in the cart and go to checkout.  Nothing about out of stock shows up, but maybe that spring that on you later in the checkout process.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks! I ordered one, even filled out the waiver they require (kind of weird). However, I did this last June too only to get a nice email from them saying the stocks weren't for sale yet but would be in a few months. Hopefully this time they really have some and are willing to part with one thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I put some Opap wood on mine.  It's not as bad as the Npap wood but it hard to find.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks! I ordered one, even filled out the waiver they require (kind of weird). However, I did this last June too only to get a nice email from them saying the stocks weren't for sale yet but would be in a few months. Hopefully this time they really have some and are willing to part with one thanks again.
View Quote

Haven't cancelled my order....yet so looks like they might actually have these stock available and for sale now!
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Century Arm's site allows me to put a Warsaw stock in the cart and go to checkout.  Nothing about out of stock shows up, but maybe that spring that on you later in the checkout process.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody still feel the pain from these stocks?

I can leave the range with a nice little bruise on the back of my jaw bone if I'm not careful.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Anybody still feel the pain from these stocks?

I can leave the range with a nice little bruise on the back of my jaw bone if I'm not careful.
View Quote
Honestly? No, I don't. With an RS Regulate Micro Dot side rail mount I actually find that it's more comfortable than the standard Warsaw stock. I actually traded the Warsaw style stock off of mine for an original O PAP style Serbian stock. If the original Yugo stock were just a bit longer, or if you could put an optic on with a fairly short eye relief, it would be so much better than the Warsaw style stock for magnified optics.

I've rarely experienced cheek slap from any AK. When I did, it was probably more likely that I wasn't gripping the rifle firmly enough, allowing the stock to hit my face during it's recoil impulse. You may need to work on your firing stance or how you're holding the rifle to control it.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top