Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/28/2016 9:24:52 PM EDT
Starting up a M85NP SBR underfolder and should be in the finish stage soon, I tried removing the magwell adapter and the mag release seems to have a small rivet on the opposite side from the button which slowed me down on the removal because of fear of not being to reinstall it and not finding a replacement. Would it be ok to have the gun cerakoted with this adapter still on it?
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if this will be of use, but here it is: http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258443

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure if this will be of use, but here it is: http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258443  
View Quote

saw that post but he doesn't say if he was able to reflare the end after drilling/ punching it. thanks anyways!
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
After some adult beverages I decided to say yolo and go for it. If anyone is doing this you have be EXTREMELY cautious when drilling the mag catch.

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Update this thread with any re-assembly issues you might have encountered when the time comes.  I for one will find that info valuable, others may as well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Update this thread with any re-assembly issues you might have encountered when the time comes.  I for one will find that info valuable, others may as well.
View Quote

Will do, waiting on my faux can and underfolder trunion to assemble and send out for cerakoting.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Sent the factory trunnion to RForbus to have it machined for a Hungarian stock. Wrapped up the assembly and getting ready to put it through its paces and have it refinished. Hopefully form 1 comes back soon so I can take off the fake suppressor.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 2:25:24 AM EDT
[#7]
How are you retaining the mag release pin now, since you originally drilled it out during the disassembly process?
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How are you retaining the mag release pin now, since you originally drilled it out during the disassembly process?
View Quote

Just pressed it in, has enough friction to hold it in temporarily for a test run so I can disassemble for cerakote later. Will flare the end of the pin when complete
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice rifle
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#10]
With the magwell off,  will it accept a standard M85 mag?

NM, found the answer in the other linked thread
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top