Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2016 9:34:03 AM EDT
I recently bought an N-Pap df despite somewhat mixed on-line reviews of the N-Pap. I cleaned mine and headed to the shooting range for a test fire. I fired 200 rounds with no problems or jams at all. I did note that mags were a bit harder to get to seat properly as compared to other AK's I have shot.

I like this rifle very much and it seems to be of high quality. Mine was sighted-in and was spot on right out of the box.

What is the highest round count you have on your N-pap's, and has yours been dependable?

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay, so I guess no one here actually owns an N-Pap.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of folks own them, but I suspect many only keep rough estimates of round count. Also, you'll get more views, as thus potentially more responses, if you post this in the general AK discussion forum as opposed to the Yugo subforum.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my NPAP.  It started life with a single stack magwell but had the DS bolt and front trunnion.  A little time with the dremel and it now uses standard mags and runs flawlessly.  I also put an MOE+ grip on it.  I've tested Tapco mags, Pmags, and Steel Yugo mags, and all have worked perfect.

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#4]
My N-Pap DF has close to 500 rounds thru it with no issues at all. I have only used the Tula FMJ stuff from Walmart and it is actually pretty decent stuff.

My sights are dead on and it is overall a straight shooter. I plan on adding a TWS Dogleg rail cover and some type of 1-4x sight soon.

I was a bit hesitant because of some of the reviews as well but I have to say it is built real solid and really is a great rifle.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#5]
My N-PAP DF has a very limited number of rounds through it....~100.  It is well built, sights are straight, and has functioned fine with a small sample size.   AK Operators Union testing suggests these might not be the most durable AKs out there but absent severe use, you likely won't know the difference.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I never could get used to the stock on my N-PAP.  Great shooting rifle, just hated the feel and look of the funky stock.  I added a Krebs adapter and some Hogue furniture and VIOLA! Much better.

Attachment Attached File
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top