Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/29/2016 2:15:25 AM EDT
I bought a N-PAP and I love it but it is single stack.  It came with 13 10rnd magazines which is pretty sweet.  Upon further research I learned about double stack bolts and "hogged out" front trunnions.

The end result is,  I am 95% sure that my rifle has a double stack bolt and front trunnion, but the magwell is milled only for single stack mags.

Is this normal or an oddity?  

Am I OK to mill out the magwell and be 922r compliant?

I can post pics later if necessary but it is identical to the pics about halfway down this page aside from mine having the single stack magwell.

*is confused*

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think the rifles with single-tack bolts and trunnions are even imported anymore, so yes, it's entirely possible. I suspect that all the rifles coming in these days are of the double-stack variety, with the only difference being that Century simply doesn't mill out the magwell for the ban state rifles. I could be wrong, and all of this, of course, may only apply to your rifle depending on when it was imported.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think the rifles with single-tack bolts and trunnions are even imported anymore, so yes, it's entirely possible. I suspect that all the rifles coming in these days are of the double-stack variety, with the only difference being that Century simply doesn't mill out the magwell for the ban state rifles. I could be wrong, and all of this, of course, may only apply to your rifle depending on when it was imported.
View Quote

Thanks for the input.  It does indeed have a double stack trunnion and bolt, this I am 100% sure now.  I also think since everything was double stack ready that the mag well not being milled was for ban states.

So, do you think when Century imported my rifle; that they made it 922r compliant before shipping it out for retail sale?

Because if my N-PAP is already 922r compliant, then this bitch is getting milled out.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
It can be milled to double mag .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:23:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It can be milled to double mag .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I appreciate the input!  I came to that conclusion about a week ago and ended up milling the magwell.  Rifle functions perfectly and all is well in my world.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Any chance you know manufacturing date of your npap?  I am thinking about buying one with a 12/15  date on the box,  but I really don't trust myself milling the trunnion. Is there anyone else out there that has an idea when the single stack npaps started coming in with a doublestack trunnion? I would love to think they came with a doublestack bolt also, but I'm just not that lucky.

Thanks for any replies.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any chance you know manufacturing date of your npap?  I am thinking about buying one with a 12/15  date on the box,  but I really don't trust myself milling the trunnion. Is there anyone else out there that has an idea when the single stack npaps started coming in with a doublestack trunnion? I would love to think they came with a doublestack bolt also, but I'm just not that lucky.

Thanks for any replies.
View Quote

I would be incredibly surprised if anything imported since, say, 2013, had a single-stack trunnion. Century could tell you for sure.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for any replies.
View Quote

My single stack NPAP had a DS trunnion and bolt.  If the trunnion and bolt had not been DS ready I probably wouldn't have done it.  So, All I had to do was mill out the mag well area.  And cut out the two little metal tabs.  I would bet yours probably has a DS trunnion and bolt as well.

I don't remember the exact manufacturing date of my NPAP but it was late 2015.

I don't have a before picture but here was what it looks like now.

Since making this topic I have purchased a couple Yugo mags and put many more rounds through my NPAP.  Everything has been absolutely perfect!
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 1:12:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Random update:

Well, if's been 2 years since my last post in this thread and I am pleased to report that my npap has continued to run flawlessly with every mag and all the ammo I give it.

It still sits in it's original configuration other than the magwell and the sling.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#9]
8/21/19 and the rifle is still running great!

Totally worth milling out.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top