Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2016 5:34:59 PM EDT
I just received a thumb hole stock that I want to try out on my OPAP. I can not figure how to get the but pad off to access the screw hole. I have removed the sling swivel stud and have been prying on the butt pad but it is not moving.

What am I missing?

This is the stock style.

Link Posted: 3/24/2016 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Take the pad off with a screw driver - it is held on with 2 screws.  Once the pad is off there is one main cross bolt that holds the stock on.  After that you need an Ace Yugo adapter with a new stock and an AKM grip and bolt.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to put this stock ON my pap, I have a wood stock on there now.

I did notice that the tang is cut down on my stock and is shorter than the web photo above.

Are the screws I need to access under the circles on the but pad?

Link Posted: 3/24/2016 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes the screws are located underneath the circles and you need the cross bolt which I think is 8 mm to attach the thumb hole stock.  I had that stock on my M77 and hated it.  Just stick the screw driver thru the circles on the pad to un-screw the wood screws holding the pad on.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it thank you!
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Those thumbhole stocks are really comfortable to shoot with IMO.  I have been using one for years on a rifle I use for hunting and plinking.

Years ago I picked up one of the early EAA imports (serial number 32) with the wood version of the stock.  I was looking for an AK-based rifle but not in need of any evil features, just wanted it as a sporting rifle.

Link Posted: 3/24/2016 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got it thank you!
View Quote

The bad news is, those two screws holding it are the worst, cheapest, pieces of crap ever created.

The heads will shred pretty quickly, take your time and never let your screwdriver slip. Probably a good idea to use new ones when you put the buttpad back on.

(on my plastic yugo stock anyway)
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top