Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/5/2016 3:39:30 PM EDT
Waiting on a stamp to come back so I can SBR my PAP, I've seen suppressed M92's but can't find a lot of details on how people are doing it.

I've seen videos on youtube where guys used the adapter attach 14x1 suppressors to the pap, but no word on whether they had to have the threads redone or if they were gtg from the factory. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It'll depend on your specific rifle.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

There are a few thread adapters around for relatively cheap. After you install whatever, you really need to check concentricity.

Other option is getting the barrel cut to something different. I haven't had it done on mine but it looks like there is plenty of meat to thread.

ETA: Honestly having shot a few suppressed short barrel AKs with a variety of cans its just not worth the trouble in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This.

There are a few thread adapters around for relatively cheap. After you install whatever, you really need to check concentricity.

Other option is getting the barrel cut to something different. I haven't had it done on mine but it looks like there is plenty of meat to thread.

ETA: Honestly having shot a few suppressed short barrel AKs with a variety of cans its just not worth the trouble in my opinion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I won't have a specific can for this rifle, I just thought it would be nice to be able to do for not much more work.

Why is it not worth it to you? Does the gas block let that much noise out?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
By not worth it I'm just saying they are pretty loud across the board  (granted, I only ever used with standard loads) so to me personally not worth the effort of getting set up to work right without risking damaging your can due to baffle strikes.

Please don't let me discourage you from it. I've seen quite a few people online doing it so its definitely doable. Just throwing in my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
By not worth it I'm just saying they are pretty loud across the board  (granted, I only ever used with standard loads) so to me personally not worth the effort of getting set up to work right without risking damaging your can due to baffle strikes.

Please don't let me discourage you from it. I've seen quite a few people online doing it so its definitely doable. Just throwing in my 2 cents.
View Quote
Thanks for the input and your experiences.

Any idea if the heavier factory loads - using the 154 grain soft points - would suppress better than 123 grain FMJ?
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top