Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2016 10:02:55 PM EDT
I have an M85 pistol that is getting the SBR treatment and I'm trying to find a rear trunnion to allow Yugo stock options. I know an AKM trunnion can be made to fit, but they don't look right to me. The only place I keep seeing them on Google is Apex but they have been sold out for some time now.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an M85 pistol that is getting the SBR treatment and I'm trying to find a rear trunnion to allow Yugo stock options. I know an AKM trunnion can be made to fit, but they don't look right to me. The only place I keep seeing them on Google is Apex but they have been sold out for some time now.

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

These work?
http://tworiversarms.com/Parts.html

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks about right, but $70?  That blows. Doesn't appear that they have online ordering. Have you ever used them?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks about right, but $70?  That blows. Doesn't appear that they have online ordering. Have you ever used them?
View Quote

No I havent.

You email or call them. Good guys though, never heard anything bad.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:45:14 AM EDT
[#4]
So, you want something like mine?

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:49:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Exactly!  How did you accomplish that?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Welcome to the world of AK parts. Yes, they're good to go.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#7]
It was actually pretty easy if your decently competant with tools.
Step one is remove the pistol trunnion and the rear most pistol grip rivet. Press/tap/hammer the upper rear revit hole till its flat.
Step two is locate the two new cross holes for the new trunnion.  Once all holes are ready, take two rivets and fill the front holes to just close them off. Then install the new rear trunnion with the two rivets and one into the pistol grip.
I used a steel bucking bar and a airhammer. Nothing really special.
What makes it work well is the M85  1.5mm receiver, it can also be done on the M90 but the trunnion will need shimmed unlesss you can find a 1mm yugo trunnion.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:51:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know if I'm better off going with an M70 or M72 trunnion?  I don't know if there is a difference between the 2 and if one or the other works with an M85 receiver.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#9]
In searching online, it appears they are both the same except the M72 doesn't have the dust cover push button lock thingy.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=564378

http://www.gunco.net/forums/3-ak-47-discussion-forum/73262-yugo-m70-b2-rear-trunnion.html
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Anyone know if I'm better off going with an M70 or M72 trunnion?  I don't know if there is a difference between the 2 and if one or the other works with an M85 receiver.
View Quote

Other than the top cover lock assembly, they are the same.  M72s weren't expected to fire grenades, and didn't get the top cover lock assembly for that reason.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Other than the top cover lock assembly, they are the same.  M72s weren't expected to fire grenades, and didn't get the top cover lock assembly for that reason.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for all the info guys. You've all been a huge help!
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whether it fits your M85, I don't know.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top