Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/22/2015 6:50:37 PM EDT
I have been reading about the NAP and PAP having parts such as bolts,bolt carrier, and other related parts made out of soft or non heat treated metals. If this is the case can I swap out my bolt carrier for a Bulgarian or Polish one?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
1) No, you cannot swap them with Bulgarian or Polish bolts/carriers.

2) If YOUR rifle isn't experiencing problems, don't worry about it.

3) If your rifle is functioning, it isn't experiencing problems.

4) If by some unlikely miracle your rifle has ceased functioning, replace it with a surplus Yugo bolt/carrier (after headspacing the bolt, of course).

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a crappy yugo, you get what you pay for :)
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Well it is a single stack that has been converted and it did not feed the double stack. So I swapped out the bolt for a new Polish bolt and fitted and check the head space it was better with the Polish than the Yugo! Well I shot three mags thru it and no malfunctions, but the carrier is mushrooming on the tail end. My other AK's do not do this that is why I ask this.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep shooting it. You'll probably find that it will stop "shrooming" after a while. When/if it starts to malfunction send back to Century for warranty.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#5]
profile your G2 hammer in the pattern of the orig Yugo one...viola carrier mushrooming avoided.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top