User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2015 10:42:27 PM EDT
Please advise.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:14:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine has been pretty good. Had one FTE in the first 200 rounds I shot through it. I think I have shot almost 500 rounds so far.

Not sure about durability since I don't run it over with a truck or drop it on concrete like in Rob Ski's video.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and it seems to me like its a very well built AK. I've only put 200 or so through it so not much, but it hasn't had a problem yet. I have heard all the negative feedback lately and it's making me question it too.

I had an older WASR and it was junk. I got the PAP to replace it and now I'm hearing about soft metal and all. I guess time will tell but so far I'm very pleased
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Extreme, unrealistic torture tests prove nothing other than you can break ANYTHING if you try hard enough.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
1) Don't put a lot of stock in torture tests, especially when the "tester" can't isolate the cause of failure or when the "test" doesn't correlate to how the end-user will use the rifle.

2) There have been some complaints of NPAPs/M92s with poorly heat-treated receivers. The problems experienced by akou4774 and Henderson seem to fall in this category. The complaints haven't been widespread and no one, at least no one who has bothered to post/publish, has collected data on the serial numbers of the failed units to see if the problems were wide-ranging or whether they were limited to a particular batch or batches.

3) My NPAP has shown no signs of issues and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree. I would be interested in any reports of moderately high round counts on the NPAPs. Anyone have over 3k through theirs?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1) Don't put a lot of stock in torture tests, especially when the "tester" can't isolate the cause of failure or when the "test" doesn't correlate to how the end-user will use the rifle.

2) There have been some complaints of NPAPs/M92s with poorly heat-treated receivers. The problems experienced by akou4774 and Henderson seem to fall in this category. The complaints haven't been widespread and no one, at least no one who has bothered to post/publish, has collected data on the serial numbers of the failed units to see if the problems were wide-ranging or whether they were limited to a particular batch or batches.

3) My NPAP has shown no signs of issues and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

View Quote
Same, aside from some bolt tail peening attributed to the G2 hammer, nothing wrong with mine.

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top