Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2015 4:14:05 PM EDT
I finally got out to the range today and fired 200 rounds out of my new N-PAP. Everything went great, except for one failure to extract. I had fired several rounds, then the trigger clicked without firing a round. I thought it might have been a dud or something since the rifle wasn't jammed. I removed the magazine, racked the bolt, and out came the spent casing. It didn't seem like it was stuck in the chamber because it ejected just fine when I pulled the bolt back. I'm thinking it was a combination of a weak round plus a new, tight rifle. I was shooting Tula out of a Tapco magazine.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Very well could have been the ammo, but 1 FTE is really nothing to worry about in a new rifle you are not even broken in yet. I would find it hard to believe that you would have any chamber issues or anything major going on since you have gone through 200 rounds. Compared to Yugo, Chinese, Egyptian rounds Tula is somewhat underpowered. I still prefer the brass even in AK's but do shoot the occasional Wolf zinc coat without issue. I have also had this issue with wolf Grendel in a AR-15 with nothing but FTE's, checked the rifle over to find nothing wrong, went out with 6.5 Hornady 200 rounds plus no FTE's. Clean rifle, using a good chamber brush lubricate and go at it I think you will be fine.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#2]
A single FTE from a brand new rifle on it's first outing is nothing that would concern me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Zastava rifles are very tight and I would consider less than 500rd still not broken in.  If it continues past that point then I would take a closer look.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Zastava rifles are very tight and I would consider less than 500rd still not broken in.  If it continues past that point then I would take a closer look.
View Quote

This +1
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#5]
What everyone else said and just for the hell of it,  strip your bolt, and make sure it is clean and lightly lubed. And 50 push ups
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top